Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c d c

Hi all
    I managed to shoot a few teal today and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me to where I might find the cdc feathers on the little blighters.

Many thanks.

Richy.

Arse!

Comment

Originally posted by mintylad View Post
      Hi all
      I managed to shoot a few teal today and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me to where I might find the cdc feathers on the little blighters.

Many thanks.

Richy.
      "Parsons nose" or tail to you, hold the bird in your hand with it's back uppermost, now feel the lump at the rear"parsons nose" now feel for a little lump on that(might feel like a wart), that's the oil gland it uses for preening it's feathers. Around that gland are the feathers in question. Part the outer feathers and there they are.
      Keep some of the barred feathers for the teal series of flies as well as some other noteables such as one of my favourites the Peter Ross.

Hope this helps.

Cap

Comment

C D C great feathers, Steelhead has it summed up, just about all the feathers on the Teal can be utilised, as with the Widgeon.
        I particularly liked some of the smaller feathers around the neck for tying some of my spider patterns for Trout.

Mike

Comment

Cheers gents located and removed looking forward to tonight's dinner now.

Thanks again
          Richy

Comment

Working...
          X