Jungle Cock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jungle Cock

A very Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and tight lines for 2014 to all members.

Does the addition of JC enhances a tube fly, or does it catch the fisherman?

A friend of mine suggested that the fish hones in on the eyes(JC).

I personally, have just as much confidence, with or without JC.

holly.

Back in the student days, JC was a luxury i could not afford, so my tubes were fished without them. There were a lot more sea trout around yes, but quite a few did not seem to mind taking flies without JC. I now have a lot of flies with JC in the wings, yet i catch fewer fish!
    Tight Lines
    Aled

Comment

When I read the title to this thread I thought someone had discovered my old nickname from school!
      Last edited by Bigdai; 23-12-2013, 16:07.

Comment

Jungle Cock

Hi bigdai, I'm quite surprised you have time to fish for Sea Trout, however, I suppose there could be a matinee!

Comment

Put a handful of flies inn the palm of your hand and only one with jungle cock included while out fishing and then pick one to fish with. I suspect that you will pick the one with the jungle cock every time. I have tried this on numerous occasions with numerous anglers 90% of them pick the fly with the jungle cock included. Do the fish have the same leanings? Probably not but as I am surgically attached to the stuff I hope that they do ~#
          www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Now laffingravy you have hit upon something there my friend. To catch fish on a fly you need something very important, more important than JC....here it comes Aled's favourite two words in fly fishing.....SELF CONFIDENCE!.|\
            Tight Lines
            Aled

Comment

Working...
            X