Yellow Peril Fly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Peril Fly

Hi there, have any of you used the yellow peril fly?
    It looks a very good fly for Sea Trout.

I am very happy to use the Stoat's Tail, Silver Stoat's Tail or Medicine in various sizes.

Opinions, as always, would be very welcome.

A very good Sea Trout pattern indeed, the Yellow combined with the black gives it a contrast, An old Friend of mine, god rest his soul, used a pattern very similar to this in various sizes to the detriment of all others, and often fished 2 on the same cast, he swore by it, night and day, especially good on a clearing spate river.

Mike

Comment

yellow peril

Cheers Mike, what about success at night, say > 11PM?

Comment

Would you happen to have a picture of the fly by any chance. I am fairly new to fishing for sewin and have never seen or heard of this pattern before.

Many thanks

Comment

The sewin version is on the fishtec site.
          jon

Comment

Thanks jon.

Comment

A fly that has always done very well on the Towy. However, doubt it would achieve anything beyond what a silver stoat would, but always nice to fish/dress a new pattern.

Rough tying would be:

hook: longshank 10-6
              body: silver tinsel with silver wire rib
              tail: yellow hackle fibres
              false hackle: yellow hackle fibres
              wing: black squirrel tail
              overwing: pearl tinsel
              cheeks: jungle cock

Comment

Jon

Would I be right to assume that the yellow hackle could be substituted for either red or blue to great effect also?

Richy.

Comment

Of course rich, but then it becomes a different pattern! Put a black hackle on there and its a silver stoats, a red tail and blue hackle and u have a bruiser and a red tail and red hackle u get a bloody butcher, you really dont have to worry about the flies names, just tie what looks right and generally fish will agree bud.
                  jon

Comment

Working...
                  X