River Dovey day tickets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Dovey day tickets

Does anyone know of any decent stretches of the dovey that can be accessed on day/week tickets? Planning a trip next season

Here is the number and address t7 you can only do weekly tickets on the lower river and day tickets on the upper reaches but unless you get good water early on in the season the upper reaches can be a little slow but some good night sport can be found during August onwards. I think weekly tickets on the lower reaches are around £180 I think best give the Secretary a ring to be sure get in contact as soon as possible as the weekly tickets don't stay long he's in his office on a Monday and Friday between 10am and 12pm....The major part of the river is controlled by The New Dovey Fishery Association (1929) Ltd, The Plas, Machynlleth, Powys, SY20 8ER tel 01654 702721. Sunday fishing is not allowed and visitors permits are for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for the complete fishery. Plus Wednesday on the lower reaches if the river is high and the upper reaches if it is low. The upper reaches are also available on Friday. Hope this helps
    |\
    theres no room at the inn... our country is full

Comment

That's great John, I heard they do day tickets for the upper reaches for about £15, but I'm not sure what part of the river that would be and if there is holding/night fishing water on the stretch. Sounds like it might be better later in the season from what you are saying?

Comment

I know of a couple of good spots but u have to get there early. As like any pool there's always somebody that will always be there before you If you are willing to do a weekly ticket that will be your best bet for decent sport the upper reaches start about 6miles east of machynlleth and can be really low and pretty unfishable if we get another summer like the one we just had. What ever you choose give us a bell and I'll show you where to go if u do go on lower reaches your best bet would be a week in the middle of June and the upper reaches somewhere towards the middle of August depending on weather could be earlier if we get a good early rise or two
        theres no room at the inn... our country is full

Comment

Great, thanks for the info and offer John |\

Comment

T7, pas have some decent night water above ndaa, some seasons it can fish well given the odd spate.
            But as evs sais, best and most consistent water is lower reaches.
            jon

Comment

Hi JJ, I'm in PAAS so will be looking at their water. Does it fish during low water (assuming there has been a bit of water previously) or does it have to be high-ish even for night fishing?

Comment

T7, as long as the fish are there it will produce, some 4 seasons ago the fish ran early and may and june produced some quality fishing at aberangell and above the brigands water.
                Historicaly fish get caught at penybont falls each year around mid april so some fish will allways be up there, its just how many and when will the main runs arrive!
                jon
                ps i take it ravenglass was the other place.

Comment

Yep it was. Have you fished it? I got a few school fish on the first night but was rained/stormed off the second night. It was the first time I've fished it so never quite felt like I was fishing it properly. Will be back up there next year anyway.

Comment

Yes a few times b4 paas took it on, it can also be good 4 grilse in low water on the tidal bit too.
                    with the upper dyfi tho, its best to have a reccy around mid may after some water and you may get mildly surprised, many sewin will just shoot straight thro to there without stoppin lower down

Comment

Working...
                    X