Fly Swap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly Swap

Anyone interested in another fly swap? I need a bit of incentive to do some tying. I'm happy to organise again if there is enough interest?

EDIT: Maximum 10 entrants, to be listed here:

1. T7
    2. TT
    3. Lancsflyman
    4. Aled
    5. Mintylad
    Last edited by T7; 10-12-2013, 08:39.

Hey T7,

you did a great job of the last one and your pattern caught me a salmon at night this year, so count me in! :>

Come on guys; this is open to all experience levels, so don't be shy. Max 10 entries?

Thanks for suggesting it and being so proactive. |\

Steff.

Comment

A great way of sharing patterns and getting you to the bench.
      Would have loved to participate in this, unfortunately don't roll my own these days, the consequences of a lively happy youth have caught up with my fingers and hands wouldn't change it for the world if I had the time again tho :>

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
        Hey T7,

you did a great job of the last one and your pattern caught me a salmon at night this year, so count me in! :>

Come on guys; this is open to all experience levels, so don't be shy. Max 10 entries?

Thanks for suggesting it and being so proactive. |\

Steff.
        Brilliant to hear you caught one on that fly Steff! And a salmon as well. Obviously that's what I designed that pattern for... yep definitely ~#

P.S. for anyone who wants to see the flies from the last swap they are here:
        http://www.sea-trout.co.uk/showthrea...ht=swap&page=9
        Last edited by T7; 27-11-2013, 12:39.

Comment

Sorry i've only just started logging back on this forum & i've only just seen this.
          I'm up for it if you get enough interested in having ago to make it worth while T7

Comment

Yes i'm in, but could it be done in January during what i call the "quiet month"?
            Cheers
            Aled

Comment

Originally posted by Aled View Post
              Yes i'm in, but could it be done in January during what i call the "quiet month"?
              Cheers
              Aled
              Yep, too close to Christmas now. Will see how many stragglers we get and then arrange in Jan |\

Comment

Great stuff T7.
                Cheers
                Aled

Comment

I am up for the fly swap, fairly new to tying but sure I can come up with something fishable.what is the criteria for the swap.

Richy

Comment

Hi mintylad, not really decided yet. When we get a few more we can discuss if we would like a theme for the flies or just a free for all!

Comment

How's about home grown patterns, by which I mean no unicorn eyebrows or mammoth guard hairs. Either road kill or materials obtained from shooting forays. This would probably mean going down the road of traditional patterns but that can't be a bad thing.

Cheers Richy

Comment

Not sure about that to be honest Mintylad. I have loads and loads of traditional flies so don't really need any more. The theme for the last swap was basically secret patterns that are not really known, or modifications of standard patterns. To me that was a great idea (think it was Aled's!) as it gave a chance for a bit of creativity and produced 10 or so new patterns that I hadn't seen before.

Having said that I'll go with the flow, what does everyone else think?

Comment

I am happy to go with whatever just looking for a catalyst to get me tying.

Comment

Blimey T7 you got a good memory yep it was me (by the way i cheated i just looked at my old posts....:>)
                            By the way Minty i used grey squirrel last year.....which yes you guessed was shot by......TT LOL full story to bo revealed after TT has seen this post.
                            Cheers
                            Aled
                            Last edited by Aled; 10-12-2013, 13:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Aled View Post
                              Blimey T7 you got a good memory yep it was me (by the way i cheated i just looked at my old posts....:>)
                              By the way Minty i used grey squirrel last year.....which yes you guessed was shot by......TT LOL full story to bo revealed after TT has seen this post.
                              Cheers
                              Aled
                              Did he yank it from a tree with a back cast? :@:@:@

Comment

Working...
                              X