Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first fish on my switch rod

[IMG][/IMG]
    put up a good scrap only take of the evening.
    tightlines Andy

Cracking fish. Lovely way to christen the rod.|\|\|\

Comment

Well done Andy.
      Tight Lines
      Aled

Comment

which rod as I am fancying a switch rod

Comment

Thanks gents,its only a cheap rod £50 i think its a flextech powertech 7/8 for the money a bargain!
          Tightlines Andy

Comment

Originally posted by fordfly View Post
            Thanks gents,its only a cheap rod £50 i think its a flextech powertech 7/8 for the money a bargain!
            Tightlines Andy
            Andy..... Been looking for one. The importers are out stock till 2014, where did you get yours.

Used my mates 6/7 version the other week and had 9lb sea trout and a Salmon 13lb on the River wear.

Comment

Thats some fishing dalesman! got mine from ebay cant fault the rod.
              Andy

Comment

Originally posted by fordfly View Post
                Thats some fishing dalesman! got mine from ebay cant fault the rod.
                Andy
                Just bid on one 11' 8#..... do you need special lines for a switch?

I was fishing the free stretch just south of Durham City and the fish running hard, later on we went to watch the fish going through the fish pass and over the weir, there were more leaping the weir than going up the pass.

Comment

I use mainly 40+ lines on mine and find them fine(my river isnt very wide) i cast mainly overhead unless bankside vegitation gets in the way! for mainly spey casting maybe you could go up a line size? hope this helps.
                  Andy

Comment

Working...
                  X