New rod required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rod required

Not a happy bunny. After a night fishing my fishing partner reversed his defender over my rods:: while packing up to make way for the farmer coming down the track. Having not bought a rod for a while I am looking for guidance for a 7# |\.

Grey's gs 2|\
    theres no room at the inn... our country is full

Comment

Sonik are good for the money

Comment

Massive sale on with greys atm.
        shakespeare agility are more than worth a look at also.

Comment

Hi,

Given that you have broken these rods I have enjoyed Orvis rods and they all come with a 25 year guarantee-any reason the rods are broken they will repair or replace-due to godson treading on the rod I have had a rod tip replaced and on an old model that had a faulty tip they replaced with a brand new trident. The next time a Land Rover reverses over your rods-no problems Orvis will repair or replce them all-they have repaired without hesitation or question.

Cheers
          Stewart

Comment

There was a Hardy Sintrix 10' 7wt rod on e-bay earlier today at not a bad price - finishes today though

Comment

Originally posted by davo View Post
              There was a Hardy Sintrix 10' 7wt rod on e-bay earlier today at not a bad price - finishes today though
              One of my fishing partners had two of the rods in a 8# line and both had reel seat problems with them failing and falling of the rod completely::.

Once with a 9lb sea trout on with fishing in Weardale, reel and reel seat landing around his feet.

Comment

Best advice with rods is always try before you buy whenever possible. What suits one will not suit all. If you have somewhere close with a decent stock then 100% go and try a few out.

Avoid fast actioned blanks i.e. casting sticks, but beyond that there's a huge range of great value rods available nowadays without having to spend silly money.

These are what I use (actually the older non-nantec version; nantec has made them lighter, slimmer and also slightly stiffer, but not overly stiff):

http://www.fishtec.co.uk/buy.cfm/fly...s/40/yes/55051

A little bit more expensive, but superb rods:

http://www.fishtec.co.uk/buy.cfm/fly...ds/40/no/44114

TT.

Comment

I've also got an airlite (older model) and it's a really nice rod, but possibly a little soft for me. Other bargains from Airflo - the Tec-PS and TEC-PT. Quite old now but really nice blanks (I have both!) The PS is a bit softer and the PT is very powerful but still user friendly. I think they were about £40!

Have you got a budget in mind? I have quite a few rods from very cheap to relatively expensive and you do get what you pay for in many ways but you can get a really nice rod for £50 no problem, you just have to try them first! A good option might be second hand (eBay etc), you can get some real bargains if you look and if you don't get on with a rod just sell it on there and get your money back.

For what it's worth I generally use my cheap rods at night as they tend to get a bit of abuse in the darkness. I would be scared to death leaving one of my expensive rods lying around at night, so save them for posing during the day when salmon fishing! ~:.

Comment

Working...
                  X