Short Session Approach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Session Approach

If your only going out for a couple of hours do you try to cover as much water as possible and have a cast here and there or hit your a smaller area and spend more time there?

If your not sure of the river your fishing, and if it's as low as most at the moment your best bet is to try the faster water at the head and tails of pools as the pools are quite slack at the moment but if you have got a decent bit of water I would start at the top and work your way through maybe a couple of times and if no joy move on to the next and hope you get what your after failing that, it's always a good time just before dusk with small flies hope this helps|\
    theres no room at the inn... our country is full

Comment

Thanks John, what about spin and worm when conditions allow during the day?

Comment

Well the seatrout have finished tomorrow so am concentrating on the salmon from here on... I tend to use 20g yellow c spinners on dirty water nice slow retrieve and worm as long as it's trotting down the run slowly then u won't go far wrong the clearer the water the lower poundage of line I tend to use. Dirty water I use 10lb and clear water 8lb and down to 4lb if it's summer low but ul have to have a lot of patients landing a fish on 4lb line|\ which river do you fish?

Comment

Thanks John, makes complete sense. I fish the Western Cleddau in Pembrokeshire. First time back on the river after about 10 years off, l need to improve my outing to catch ratio!!

Comment

Good luck Chris hope you get a few decent ones to get the spark back, this weather were having should get the river up and the fish moving been far too long without rain so let's hope we have plenty of it from now on |\

Comment

Thanks John, appreciate your time and advice.

Comment

Working...
              X