Increased public access to waterways in Wales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increased public access to waterways in Wales

Increased public access to waterways in Wales.

I'm sure that the majority of members of this forum are aware of the WAG's
    intention to increase the public access to all inland waterways in Wales.
    The Countryside Alliance and Angling Trust are hosting a meeting on Sunday 15th September at the Builth Showground. The meeting will start at 11a.m.
    If you want to help prevent what's happened on the Wye to your river you need to be there and give these organisations your support.

The TTA are hoping to hire a mini bus if you are a member and would like to attend please get in touch with either myself through a pm on this forum or by email on the Association's website or by phoning Dave Griffiths his number is in Screaming Reels.

Steve.

Unfortunately I will be away. However, there will be around 8 attending from LlAA and will be meeting at 8am at the Porth Hotel on Sunday morning, should anyone else want to join them. Another instance of where our voices need to be heard and our faces seen and counted.

TT.

Comment

I have just received the following email from the angling trust, which I think is relevent to this thread, and therefore I have reproduced below:
      dB

Friday 13th September 2013

Angling Missing from Welsh Outdoor Survey

Dear members and friends,

We need your help to complete a 5 minute online questionnaire before the 20th of September please.

We have recently been alerted to a survey of outdoor activity in Wales that is being carried out by the Welsh Assembly Government which does not include angling as one of the activities. It is very important that the Government is made aware of the importance of fishing to the local economy at the moment, particularly as it is currently considering bringing in new legislation to introduce universal access for canoes to all rivers in Wales.

If you, or anyone you know, has fished in Wales in the past year, please complete the survey and enter “Angling” in the “Other” box at the bottom of the list of possible activities and then describe how much you have spent on recent fishing trips.

It really does take only 5 minutes and you don’t have to give your name or e-mail address if you don’t want to (but you can win a voucher of £100 for outdoor activities or goods if you do).

Wales Outdoor Activity Tourism Visitor Survey

The link to the survey for individual anglers is here: http://visitwalesindustry.co.uk/t/FO...QUEU9-1/c.aspx

Wales Outdoor Activity Tourism Business Survey

If you run a club selling day tickets, or a fishery, please click here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/waleso...dm_t=0,0,0,0,0

Thank you for your help.

All best wishes,

The Angling Trust

Ends.

Forward to a friend

Comment

Thanks db all done , easy |\

Comment

Originally posted by dB View Post
          I have just received the following email from the angling trust, which I think is relevent to this thread, and therefore I have reproduced below:
          dB

Friday 13th September 2013

Angling Missing from Welsh Outdoor Survey

Dear members and friends,

We need your help to complete a 5 minute online questionnaire before the 20th of September please.

We have recently been alerted to a survey of outdoor activity in Wales that is being carried out by the Welsh Assembly Government which does not include angling as one of the activities. It is very important that the Government is made aware of the importance of fishing to the local economy at the moment, particularly as it is currently considering bringing in new legislation to introduce universal access for canoes to all rivers in Wales.

If you, or anyone you know, has fished in Wales in the past year, please complete the survey and enter “Angling” in the “Other” box at the bottom of the list of possible activities and then describe how much you have spent on recent fishing trips.

It really does take only 5 minutes and you don’t have to give your name or e-mail address if you don’t want to (but you can win a voucher of £100 for outdoor activities or goods if you do).

Wales Outdoor Activity Tourism Visitor Survey

The link to the survey for individual anglers is here: http://visitwalesindustry.co.uk/t/FO...QUEU9-1/c.aspx

Wales Outdoor Activity Tourism Business Survey

If you run a club selling day tickets, or a fishery, please click here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/waleso...dm_t=0,0,0,0,0

Thank you for your help.

All best wishes,

The Angling Trust

Ends.

Forward to a friend
          Thanks dB.
          All done |\

Comment

Working...
          X