Best Tactics for the Weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Tactics for the Weekend

I'm hoping to get out this weekend on the Western Cleddau. My previous experiance is small stream fly for wild brown trout.

I would like to try my hand at Sewin although the times that l can get to the river will be from start of dawn to late afternoon.

What methods do you think will be best, l expect the river to be fairly low again.

I'm either thinking worming under trees on the pools or fly on the heads of the pools either dry, nymphs or wets - which, any particular flys?

What do you think will bring the best chance of catching?

Thanks
    Last edited by Chrisc161076; 08-08-2013, 07:27. Reason: *

Anyone?

Comment

Sorry dont know the river at all, but you could do worse than fish a couple of size 12 double one brigt colour and one dark through the runs and pools, a floating line or possibly an intermediate. However the river has had a rise this week, so dont forget a few larger flies. Worming in likely spots is also a good method. First hour of daylight is always good.
      Tight Lines
      Aled

Comment

Don't know or fish the river either. However, tactics rarely change much from river to river.

Small wets through the heads of the pools and runs at dusk and first light should be worth a throw, then a worm through the same spots really. If low and clear though then the night fishing would be the best bet.

Tight lines,

TT.

Comment

Working...
        X