Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it best at high tide

hi all

the river i fish is high and dirty to day i was wondering if the sea trout would run it at anytime because is the water is high or wil they wait until high tide before leaving the salt?

where il be fishing is slow moving water and when the tide is in it will be still water whats the best meathod for fishing this type of water spinner or worm? i have only ever used the fly to fish but the water is way too dirty to try the fly atm so and advise on the other 2 methods would be great thanks

Originally posted by dmac22 View Post
    hi all

the river i fish is high and dirty to day i was wondering if the sea trout would run it at anytime because is the water is high or wil they wait until high tide before leaving the salt?

where il be fishing is slow moving water and when the tide is in it will be still water whats the best meathod for fishing this type of water spinner or worm? i have only ever used the fly to fish but the water is way too dirty to try the fly atm so and advise on the other 2 methods would be great thanks
    Hi dmac,

If there is sufficient water then they will run at anytime, but will certainly prefer to utilise the incoming tide to aid their migration and save their energy. Having said that, you will often find that fish won't run at the start of high water especially if it's a particularly dirty flood i.e. the recent one we have had and the first one in quite some time. Choosing to wait for it to peak or start dropping.

As for tactics; if there's a lot of slow or dead water it sounds like you'd be better off searching with a spinner. Perhaps then using a worm after you have located a few fish, but bearing in mind that they could be moving through etc.

TT.

Comment

Working...
    X