Call for Information

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call for Information

Having moved back to the UK (London) after 25 years in the US I am trying to locate the closest decent sea trout fly fishing to London to wet a line. Suggestions most welcome. I don't have a car so not too far. Thank you.

Not much I'm afraid!!

Flights to Cardiff/Swansea??

Comment

Southampton, woodmill pool itchen is about the closest good spot!

Comment

Originally posted by jj1 View Post
        Southampton, woodmill pool itchen is about the closest good spot!
        Have you fished it JJ? Looks an interesting spot and they seem to get some big fish from it...

Comment

Agree with JJ1. 'Interesting' place to fish, especially with where it's located. Couldn't believe the amount and size of the fish jumping around when I last fished it. Also a good bet for some nice bass. Difficult to get tickets for though, I think it's a case of applying months in advance.

Sussex Ouse perhaps at a push?

If not, jump on the train as you can get a direct train form Paddington to Carmarthen and then you're on the lower Towy. From there you can get a train to Llandeilo, which puts you within walking distance of good fishing.

TT.

Comment

Thanks for input. Appreciate it.

Comment

Fished it quite a few times but that was nearly 20yrs ago! Got some good fish to lower doubles out but even then expensive! Strange strange place, fished best with the tide in and running out, surface lure did verry well

Comment

Working...
              X