Fly swap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly swap

Anyone keen for a fly swap ready for the new season? I am happy to organise if there is enough interest...

Edit: here is the list of people taking part. I'll update it with a maximum of 10 participants.

1. T7 - sunk lure
    2. TT - daioni
    3. Cullster
    4. Aled - something with squirrel in!
    5. Squirrelblue - silver stoat variant
    6. Steelheadnut
    7. Rosewan - dark mackerel variant
    8. DaiJones
    Last edited by T7; 27-05-2013, 06:28.

Haven't done one for years, so count me in. Let's make it max 10 though please, as I don't fancy making a larger batch! :>

Post flies along with a return stamped addressed envelope?

1. T7
    2. TT

Cullster? Laffingravy? Johnevs? Squirrelblue? Aled? Twm-Twm?

TT.

Comment

Yep 10 people maximum, everyone posts their flies to me with a stamped return envelope (make sure there is enough postage on it!!) I'll put them all together and ship them out. Easy.

Come on then, plenty of good tiers on here...

Comment

I love the smell of fly swaps in the morning. Makes me think of victory. (Who writes this rubbish for me??????? ::/). I am of course in. Please send me the address to post them to and I will lash a few curious looking creations together.
        www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

is it open to any pattern??
          theres no room at the inn... our country is full

Comment

I'd suggest it has to be a sea trout pattern (as this is a sea trout forum), apart from that whatever you like!

Comment

Count me in then gents |\ I will not need any flies though but a jc cape off each of you will be fine lol

Dai.

Comment

Why not boys i'm in. How about a home brew pattern that we use and like and has caught us fish (sea trout of course) but you can't find in a tackle shop? {;
                Tight Lines
                Aled

Comment

Originally posted by Aled View Post
                  Why not boys i'm in. How about a home brew pattern that we use and like and has caught us fish (sea trout of course) but you can't find in a tackle shop? {;
                  Tight Lines
                  Aled
                  Sounds good! I'm sure we can all dig out an old favourite with no name!
                  Last edited by T7; 03-05-2013, 15:30.

Comment

Sounds good guys. Can I also go with Cullster's choice of a jungle cock cape?! :>

Will probably do Daioni's from my side and hope they bring you luck.

What date shall we pin on this guys? Give is a week today to see how many more join up to the swap (anyone can join the swap, so please do get involved)? Then set a date accordingly?

Thanks for putting this together T7.

TT.

Comment

Yep a week to see if there are any stragglers then we can agree a date to get them tied and sent

Comment

Count me in then,
                        I will tie a silver stoat variant on a size 13 salar double.
                        should catch day or night:>

SB

Comment

Thanks Squirrelblue, you're added to the list.

Not tying a squirrel-blue then?

Comment

Originally posted by T7 View Post
                            Thanks Squirrelblue, you're added to the list.

Not tying a squirrel-blue then?
                            I could tie up my variant of the squirrel blue, but you would all have to join the secret squirrel society and keep it in a locked cupboard when not in use:>

it is a very exclusive society, so exclusive in fact Im the only one in it~:.

look forward to seeing all the ties

ATB
                            SB

Comment

The Secret Squirrel Society sounds amazing! Where do I sign?!

Comment

Working...
                              X