Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tidal Tyne Seatrout Help

hi lads
    i'm looking for some advice on how to tackle sea trout on a tidal stretch of the tyne where i live, i often see them when walking the dogs along the river bank and know the odd one gets picked up on baits intended for flounders local to me too.
    The river here is about 80-100yds wide and fairly deep with a mixed bottom of mud and stone and quite peaty colored if there has been no rain, ideally i would like to try for them with lures /spinner as casting a fly here is almost impossible with the trees and steep bank behind.
    a pic of the said stretch

any ideas??

thanks david

bump........

Comment

The usual lures should work Mepps silver gold sizes 1to3 perhaps copper blade in peaty water and try Rapala countdowns in deeper water 5-7 cms are the normal killers and the Brown Trout and Black and Gold patterns I've found deadly.Flying Cs and Tobys in the smaller sizes are worth a throw.Tight lines.

Comment

Ps the most important thing is to fish them fast!

Comment

I know on our stretch worming is a good way at picking them up as the tide starts to drop back, small weight and one 1 small worm is what we do, let it swing round in the current and leave it for a couple of minutes at the end of the swing as a lot of fish travelling along the margines could pick it, up if nothing try again and move down trying various spots,. A good thing is to go down as the tide is out and check the bottom for noticeable lying spots... dips in the river bed and obstacles etc as fish coming in might stop at these points plus as the tide goes out you can sometimes see fish that havnt travelled far enough to reach the main river and will lie up in these little pockets giving you some idea as where they might be in high tide|\
          theres no room at the inn... our country is full

Comment

Looks like you're doing with your recent performance/catches David |\

Comment

Working...
            X