Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugh Falkus - Teifi?

Ok, time for me to ask the audience. :>

Looking for some insight please; I'm fairly certain that Hugh Falkus lived for a short period near Cardigan and fished the Teifi, but cannot find anything on this. Can anyone provide some insight please?

I can't find anything in his sea-trout bible, but then again I was lazy and just looked at the index.

Thanks,

TT.

TT

During last year's open day at Llandysul, I was fortunate to be shown one ot the beats by a gent "Dai Half Moon" who mentioned that Faulkus fished the Teifi and seemed to know a little about him. You could ask him.

Comment

Thanks MP4. I was with Dai last night, typical. However, spoke with Twm-Twm this morning and he seems to have an avenue worth pursuing too.

Fingers crossed.

TT.

Comment

TT - in falkus's salmon fishing book - there are several photos of Moc Morgan playing/landing fish on the Teifi, and judging by the size of the river in the photos it was the upper reaches. Whether Falkus was with him at the time or took the photos I dont know??

dB

Comment

Details of Falkus's time in Wales are given in Chris Newton's brilliant book - Hugh Falkus - A Life on the Edge.
          For a time apparently he rented a place at Felinwynt on the Pembrokeshire coast before moving to a house in the village of Moylegrove in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park - the house was called Glanawen !
          This all seemed to be in 1985.
          Hope this helps !
          Incidentally can't recommend the book highly enough for any fans of Falkus. A facinating read - found it hard to put down !

Comment

Harry Tom got there first nice one, definately a riveting read. yes his time in West Wales is mentioned in Chris Newtons book. Timescale is right to, i met him once when i was beating on Hafod Neddyn when i was a teenager. A long time ago!
            There are definately pictures in his Salmon book of Moc on the Teifi but also of Gwynfor jones on Tregaron waters. Hope this helps.
            Tight lines
            Aled

Comment

Perfect, thanks a lot gents, exactly what I was after. |\

TT.

Comment

There's a picture of Moc Morgan with Hugh Falkus, in Mocs Welsh Language Autobiography "Hunangofiant Moc"
                May be of relevance (only glanced at the book last night did not read in detail that is a pleasure to come!)
                Cheers
                Aled

Comment

Originally posted by Aled View Post
                  There's a picture of Moc Morgan with Hugh Falkus, in Mocs Welsh Language Autobiography "Hunangofiant Moc"
                  May be of relevance (only glanced at the book last night did not read in detail that is a pleasure to come!)
                  Cheers
                  Aled
                  Started reading that book on my recent trip Al. Really good read and full of humour. Well written as you would expect from Moc and the language isn't too deep, which was a blessing as I hadn't read a Welsh book for many years!

Steff.

Comment

Diawl Steff beth syn bod anot fydd Cymdeithas yr iaith ar dy ol di.............:: CYUI (Chwerthin yn Uchel Iawn) Aled
                    Wedi darllen lot fawr ers dod yn Dad!
                    Aled

Comment

Working...
                    X