Switch Rods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch Rods

I normally us a 14' Spey rod, but since I have relocated to the Yorkshire dales I am chasing Salmon and Sea trout on local rivers such as the Ure, Tees and Wear as I am not getting a chance to venture north of the border.

On the Ure at 14' I am on my limit and I am considering of moving from a Spey rod to a switch rod for my fishing now as I want to concentrate on sea trout.

But can a switch rod deal with 1'' brass tubes and size 10 double and trebles as well as fish in the mid teens.

Your thoughts lads.

switch rod

hi dalesman. i have fished with with a vision 10 foot 11 inch aftm 7 for the last 12 months .after trying all kinds of lines .i have settled with a 40+ aftm 8. the line recomended was a rio afs intergrated 26 gram .that will cast a 1 inch brass tube with no problem. found the line to heavy for me.so it will be going up for sale. the 40+ i have fished doubles up to size 6 .trebles size8.ally tubes to 2-50 inchs .but what i will say is if you do get a switch rod try different lines before you by if you can. best wishes haslam.

Comment

Hi Dm , I fish with a glx loomis #8 10ft and will fish two 1" copper tubes when the water is big so I would say yes no problem

Dai.

Comment

Working...
      X