Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steffans Check list!!!

Steff ,
    will be Joining you with Toby aka Mr Orvis early July .
    I thiught a check list of what to bring would be a help to my older more forgetful brain also of use to the just starting out .
    Go on you know it woud be helpful ,also open up a debate of essentials /non essentials!

Don't ask TT, he'll reply with a cheque list!!

But here's my essentials.

2 x 9.5 to 10.5 7/8 wt rods, floater, sink tip, DI3, 12lb nylon, waterproof waders and an empty fly box that you can fill up from other peoples, (one of the bonuses of night fishing), headtorch, thermos, SOH and 3 lions on your shirt.

W&S

Comment

Don't forget the milky bars and the flask! :>

Comment

Originally posted by woodcockandsewin View Post
        Don't ask TT, he'll reply with a cheque list!!
        Not this one W&S, this one's a night guiding donated to charity :@

Toby has been in touch ACW, and I look forward to meeting up with you both. All rivers in the area seem to be fishing very well this season, and holding a very good head of fish, which bodes well for the season ahead and for your trip.

Rex is right, I will not be happy if my rations of milky-bars are not supplied! be warned!! :>

W&S' checklist is accurate, except for the fly-box and some dodgy shirt.

From the top:

I would carry 2 rods, as this allows us to easily change tactics in different sections of the pool, or at different intervals throughout the night. I would opt for 10ft for #7 or #8 lines.

Lines; bear minimum; floater and intermediate with a set of poly-leaders. Recommended; floater, slow inter, fast inter, di-3, clear sink-tip.

Leader; spool of 12lbs mono (not fluoro). maxima ultragreen, pro gold etc. A spool of 8lbs fluoro, just in case we do some dusk fishing in the streamy water. A spool of 15lbs+ fluoro for the surface lures.

Flies; a good selection; different weight and different sizes. everything from short shank 10's through to tubes (alu+copper), surface lures, stingers etc.

In the kit-bag; 2 torches, one head-torch and one walking light. insect repellent; the midges have been quite bad this year. measuring tape and scales.

Chest waders, warm gear, and a good rain-jacket.

Some food and drink, and that's about it I reckon, nice and streamlined.

TT.

Comment

License
          Priest
          Bass bag
          Snips
          Spare change of clothes in the car

Comment

I believe a hogshead of claret may well be required.

Comment

A whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by SJF, Simon View Post
                I believe a hogshead of claret may well be required.
                Lighweight ~:.|\

Comment

Is nobody going to mention a hip flask and a waterproof pouch for your mobile phone?
                  www.goldengrovecottages.com
                  www.carmsriverstrust.org

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBri View Post
                    Is nobody going to mention a hip flask and a waterproof pouch for your mobile phone?
                    Bri I think the hogshead of claret may have me asleep before I fall in the river ,now the hip flask what should I fill it with ,single malt ,cooking whisky,armanac Smiffys plum stuff,or the best Balvenie !(:,

A futher tip to the wise , a suitable Zip lock bag keeps phone ciggys and matches safe from a dunking !

Comment

Working...
                    X