X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Metal

No, no no not that bloody awful music. I meant these

The Dressing

Tube: Turrall bottle tube 15mm (very heavy metal)
    Thread: Red
    Rear hackle: Yellow dyed salmon shrimp patch
    Rear wing: Yellow dyed bucktail overlaid with 2 doubled strands of mother of pearl micro flash
    Middle hackle: Orange dyed salmon shrimp patch
    Wing: Fluorescent orange dyed bucktail overlaid with 2 doubled strands of mother of pearl micro flash
    Front hackle: Black dyed salmon shrimp patch
    Cheeks: Jungle cock nails

The hook is an Ultimate Tubefly Single size 8
    www.silversalmon.co.uk

Very nice indeed. Just the ticket. Lovely profile and overall pattern.

Do you line the tubes before fishing LG? I always found that it would damage the line if you didn't.

TT.

Comment

They are little crackers! |\

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
        Very nice indeed. Just the ticket. Lovely profile and overall pattern.

Do you line the tubes before fishing LG? I always found that it would damage the line if you didn't.

TT.

A stark stark lesson in assumption Steffan. I have tied on these tubes quite a lot in the past and they have always been bought 'pre lined'. I bought 2 packets early this week and never even looked at them all that closely. I have now tied up 14 of these in various colours for my mates amd myself for a trip to the River Annan tomorrow morning. Having read your post I had the inevitable 'no, no no they must be lined already assumption. Alas they are not in fact lined. Fishing with them tomorrow had you not pointed out that they were not lined would have probably resulted in something of a bloody nightmare had any fish been half blind or daft enough to have a punt at one. Tonight they will all get lined.

By the way thank you very much indeed for pointing it out
        www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Not a problem at all and I hope I managed to assist with a landing of a fish! :>

How was the fishing? many about? Hope you had some sport and hope the river wasn't bank high and brown.

Tight lines,

Steff.

Comment

I got a call on Friday evening stating that after the extended heavy rain the river had risen into the surrounding meadows. We took the decision at 6.00pm not to bother. I tok anothe call at 9.30pm from a very drunken mate accusing me of being a total lightweight and was 'letting the side down' there were additional expletives that I have omitted. With this we were back on again. I picked myy mate up at 5.00am and it was bloody freezing cold. His hangover was hurting him and this significantly lifted my spirits as I just love to see him suffer. 3 lads dropped out altogether so it was just the 2 of us. When we got there the river had dropped to 3ft 10" and although carrying colour we were still keen to trawl. I fished through a pool with a black and yellow 20mm metal bodied Eumer cone set. I hit a fish which screamed off like the proverbial 'good un'. I went on to land...........................a very, very long very, very lean cock brown trout with a large spawning wound on its head. We estimated the fish in its current state at something approaching 5lbs. It was promptly returned while my mate recovering from drunken disorder harangued me for the following 2 hours. I went on to land a fresh schoolie of about a pound in weight. We later saw a very large fresh looking salmon splash over. The highlight of the day from at least was eating all of my mates butties which he left in my car and he was absolutely straving after fishing and best of all when he slipped on a now thawing bank and almost fell in.
            www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X