The Camel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Camel

Hi im off to cornwall at the end of the week with the family and looking to night flyfish for sewin on the Camel .Ive fished it at the end of season last year for salmon with no luck but water levels very low . Just after any advice where and when etc many thanks :>

Are you looking at association water or day ticket? Bodmin anglers have loads of water on the camel but it can be overgrown and difficult to know where the fish are at any one time. I would recommend trying Butterwell if you can get on it, a fantastic little fishery that is perfectly maintained for night fishing. Quite low down on the river as well so they generally always have fish holding there as well as the fact it doesn't get hammered during the day like other association beats...

Comment

Thanks i have tryed to get on Butterwell before but not got in might be worth another try . Do you know if its worth fishing at the mo on the day ticket water ?

Comment

I haven't fished the Camel for quite a few years, but from what I hear so far there hasn't been much happening and the river is very low. Fish will be coming in if there are big tides in the next few weeks, even if the water is low. It is worth giving Tyson Jackson at Butterwell a ring even if you aren't planning to fish there. He is the T&S Cornwall reporter so knows what is going on in the area and can give you some up to date advice...

Comment

Working...
        X