Carcass: No 3 Waddington Shank
    Hook: Waddington Treble size 8
    Link: 3mm dia clear heat shrink tubing
    Thread: White
    Tag: No 10 Glo Brite floss
    Body: Medium silver mylar
    Throat: Crimson dyed salmon shrimp patch
    Underwing: Yellow dyed calf tail
    Wing: Black dyed fox squirrel tail fibres overlaid with 4 strands of pearl flash
    Cheeks: Jungle cock nails
    Head: Hot orange
    www.silversalmon.co.uk

Nice |\

Dai.

Comment

Nice one LG.

Love to the calf-tail under the main wing. Very under-rated and under-utilised material. Carries a lovely natural sheen, a bit like polar bear really.

I'd even be tempted to drop the red false hackle and put a standard black in there instead to help make the calf tail more prominent.

Also, if I may pass on a costructive comment, which I hope is taken in the way it's intended.

Try to finish the fly and finish all your materials in one spot - preferably at point 1, as indicated above. Rather than at point 1 and 2.

You can finish at different points (this usually gives a much neater and smaller head), but then I would usually add a head hackle, which covers all of these end points.

Just a little tip / comment, which I hope helps you out.

Thanks for posting.

TT.

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
        Nice one LG.

Love to the calf-tail under the main wing. Very under-rated and under-utilised material. Carries a lovely natural sheen, a bit like polar bear really.

I'd even be tempted to drop the red false hackle and put a standard black in there instead to help make the calf tail more prominent.

Also, if I may pass on a costructive comment, which I hope is taken in the way it's intended.

Just a little tip / comment, which I hope helps you out.

TT.

Although I have an over large ego it is still not yet at the stage whereby it exceeds the size of my thirst for self improvement. If I post patterns then I would much rather that you came out in the way that you have and point out glaring errors and hints at rectification. Better this than than sitting there thinking 'what a load of old rubbish that ropey fly is'. All tips and all comments do help out. In future postings please do not be shy in doing the same. Thank you very much for your suggestions which will be put into practice. Also thank you for having the strength of character to post a reply which had the potential to cause some degree of conflict on your forum but nevertheless needed stating |\
        www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Thanks LG and thanks for taking it the way that I can assure you it was intended.

Don't get me wrong, for fishing it won't make any difference at all as I think the proportions etc. are spot on. It's just a small touch that's purely aesthetical.

Thanks once again for sharing.

TT.

Comment

Working...
          X