low water

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low water

well with the water being as low as it is and with good weather for the next week or so I wonder how far up some of the sewin have gone already and what flys do I use first.

I would like to hear some of your thoughts on this as this could be the start of a good season for the fly. (water wise)

Was just overlooking the Teifi over lunch Raptar and thinking along the same line. However, was also getting slightly worried about the low water and how this will favour the coracles at the start of the season - much like last year...

The thing I've always found with early season fishing is that whilst there are early season 'tactics' they should never be stuck to on principal, as a really warm spring can dictate very different approaches i.e. more akin to main season tactics. A week like we're having this week will soon lift the water temp, and certainly won't make for a normal April and, therefore, normal April tactics aren't usually called for, which is nice. Rather depends on the water temp though, as the nights can still remain cold and drop the temp back quite quickly. Either way, nice to start thinking about it all! ~:.

TT.

Comment

I did hear last week that coracles have had some really nice sewin already.

I wonder how far up river some of the sewin have gone in this low water?

I have turned my house upside down today looking for my floating line and I still can't find it. I bet the wife has hid it just so she can watch me flap.

Comment

To top it all off we will have a bright moon for most of the night of the first week of the season. Let's hope we get some cloud!

Comment

well I have found all me gear and have picked a nice sheltered beat from the moon + the tide will be bang on for me for the first week.

tight lines all :>

Comment

Plan to have a little walk one evening next week. With the children asleep by around 8.15pm a little hour around dusk would suit well.
            Tight Lines All
            Aled

Comment

well I hope that you will find what you are looking for :>

tight lines |\

Comment

Monday and Tuesday off work next week. Just looking forward to walking the beats even if the fishing ends up beingpoor. This year I have the best alarm clock for early morning start in the form of a 3 month year old boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Caer Wynt Loops View Post
                  Monday and Tuesday off work next week. Just looking forward to walking the beats even if the fishing ends up beingpoor. This year I have the best alarm clock for early morning start in the form of a 3 month year old boy.
                  Ahhh yes, wait until your out fishing and decide a snooze might be more beneficial than fishing.....
                  Tight Lines
                  Aled

Comment

I can't believe it with just a few days to go and I have done my back in and I am struggling to walk around the house to go to the toilet and can't get in to any position that I am not in a lot of pain.

Comment

Originally posted by raptar View Post
                      I can't believe it with just a few days to go and I have done my back in and I am struggling to walk around the house to go to the toilet and can't get in to any position that I am not in a lot of pain.
                      Ohh sh*t!!
                      Get well soon.
                      Aled

Comment

cheers thanks |\

Comment

well thats another summer gone for me i had a replacement knee last july and have had problems with it so didnt fish last year the year before that my partner died suddenly so fishing was out again and now they just told me im having my other knee replaced on the 13 th of aprill so this year has gone for me as well i would take your bad back right now lol, tight lines for the comming season guys im jealious of you all regards billy

Comment

I hope that you will get well soon and if you want to try and fish stradmore gardens will let you drive down the field to the river so you can fish let me know if you want the number.

good luck |\

Comment

Get well soon speycaster, hope all goes well with the op.
                              Tight Lines
                              Aled

Comment

Working...
                              X