Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wading Boots

Now this is a real query.
    I've just got my first pair of stocking foot waders and I'm thinking about boots.
    The stretch I fish is 3 miles long with a gravel path along much of its length, so I think felt soles would be quickly shredded.
    If I were to get some composite soles with/without studs then this would probably be OK.
    Do such boots have specific drainage and is there any reason why I shouldn't use ordinary boots with some drainage holes drilled into them ?
    Any comments welcome !

Brent

Hi have a look in bird watching mags and walking mags for some cheep trecking boot I have seen some for about £19 which will do the job for a season or to and you can always add studs to them if you like. :>

but look at the boot first before you put the studs on as you don't want to go through the sole in to your stocking foot.

Comment

Originally posted by raptar View Post
      have a look in bird watching mags ...for some cheep trecking boot
      Just had a look in my bird watching mags Raptar, and to be honest they're wearing very little, if anything at all! I reckon you've been done mate!! :>

On a more serious note; Brent, wading boots would generally have drainage holes and they would generally be made of a material that's designed to get wet all the time without crumbling, which may happen with walking boots. They are designed for the job, basically.

Also, I doubt very much that the gravel path would wear the felt that much, as you are essentially walking over wet gravel when you're wading.

Have a look at the sale section here:

http://www.johnnorris.co.uk/shop/ty_...g-sale/?page=1

TT.

Comment

your a dirty boy T.T

Comment

Working...
        X