Sewincaster lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewincaster lines

Steffan, I am going to bite the bullet and get myself a couple of these lines. Can't afford the full set, but thinking of getting two of them. I understand the importance of searching the layers, but I am divided as to whether it is better to get the Intermediate and the Medium or the Intermediate and the Fast sinker. Will continue to use my airflo floater despite it's memory...

I predominantly fish in the warmer months, so am inclined to go for the I & M, but am also wondering about whether the Fast would give a greater range of options, like being able to get into some pots, and fishing it in shallower water with a bouyant fly and short leader.

What would you suggest would give the greater range of armoury?

Thanks in advance! :>

Originally posted by Salarex View Post
    I understand the importance of searching the layers, but I am divided as to whether it is better to get the Intermediate and the Medium or the Intermediate and the Fast sinker. Will continue to use my airflo floater despite it's memory...
    Hi Salarex,

I was in exactly the same situation. for my SLT #8

I opted for the 15' of type 3 and the deep 24' of type 6 :}

I don't regret my choice, but then I've got a Cortland #9 15' clear int tip on a back-up rod.

Fishing the deep line gives me the most satisfaction;|\ however I suspect most everyone else will tell you to get the other two options.~#

Ella~:.

Comment

You're using that dodgy smilie, Ella!!! :}

Thanks for the info - fascinated by what you mean about more satisfaction with the deep line. Is it that it allows you to try more methods?

Any chance of using the intermediate on reservoirs or is the presentation a little rough?

Comment

Hi Rex,

I have found the clear tip to be an excellent if not better substitute for night fishing and river fishing in general, as opposed to the cortland ghost-tip, which is a cracking line. Further to that, I have great use of the di-3 tip, and that's a nice alternative and option to have in the bag.

If I'm honest I really haven't found an use for the di-6 24ft head as yet (probably due to the low levels and flows of late), and it's definitely on the extreme end of the night fishing armoury. As for the floater, it's a nice line, and worth getting if you haven't got a decent floater.

All told, I would probably opt for the intermediate and di-3 tips. Fishing these 2 lines alone with a good set of flies or varying weights and sizes will allow you to cover nearly all situations.

Steff.

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
          Hi Rex,

I have found the clear tip to be an excellent if not better substitute for night fishing and river fishing in general, as opposed to the cortland ghost-tip, which is a cracking line. Further to that, I have great use of the di-3 tip, and that's a nice alternative and option to have in the bag.
          (:, (:, (:,

You're using that dodgy smilie, Ella!!! :}
          ~# ~# ~#

Sorry - not used to the new smilies on here, here's another:?

Thanks for the info - fascinated by what you mean about more satisfaction with the deep line. Is it that it allows you to try more methods?
          It's twofold - same methods, a bit stronger/heavier with a slightly larger fly; just covering the same water again, especially the hot-spots.

Or you could ask if you can follow someone else as they fish down :}~#.:/:}.:/

Ella:?

Comment

i to have the sewincaster lines, intermediate and the type 3 sink but i stick to my shaky worcestshire 8 weight for my floating work

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
              All told, I would probably opt for the intermediate and di-3 tips. Fishing these 2 lines alone with a good set of flies or varying weights and sizes will allow you to cover nearly all situations.

Steff.
              Yep! (:, mate.

DAZ.

Comment

Got to say for me the floater is an absolute joy to use,makes shooting line from the hand easy and does not tend to tangle. Whichever lines you choose I think you will be happy with them.

Moonshadow

Comment

Thank you all for your comments - have ordered the intermediate and Di3, look forward to trying them out at the end of the month :>

Comment

New line name to me.

As is frequently the case, equipment you folks have on your side of the pond isn't sold (or only through very obscure fishing shops) here in the US. Can someone post up a link to these lines so I can have a look?

Thanks in Advance,

fae

Comment

Originally posted by fredaevans View Post
                      As is frequently the case, equipment you folks have on your side of the pond isn't sold (or only through very obscure fishing shops) here in the US. Can someone post up a link to these lines so I can have a look?

Thanks in Advance,

fae
                      here you go:-

clicly link for Sewincaster Lines Distributor

Comment

Thank you sir, as I suspected a 'UK' only product (at least per the dealer list).
                        Fred

Comment

Fred ,
                          will be testing one this coming sunday, Sewin Mafia member joining me on "my"bit of chalkstream for some trouting !And of course tackletarting !!!|\

Comment

Originally posted by fredaevans View Post
                            Thank you sir, as I suspected a 'UK' only product (at least per the dealer list).
                            Fred
                            Yes - it's a bit of a 'niche' product.

However I don't see why Wellard & Scott shouldn't be able to export one to you at a (VAT) tax free price.

It should be great for steelhead on the Rogue. What single hand #8 rod do you use?

Ella

Comment

Maybe I missed the obvious, but were the line 'spec's'

posted on the web site? We have easy access to the Teeny (sp?) Nymph lines (and have used them on my single handers for 20 years) and they're excellent in getting down, deep, and right now.

Wonder (allowed) if these are a UK variant on the theme?:?

As an aside, the 'Teeny Nymph' fly is one of the simplest you can tie; but effective? This one fly actually made the man 'rich.'

Comment

Working...
                              X