Barbless doubles?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbless doubles?

Can anyone advise where I can obtain barbless double hooks for salmon and sea trout flies? Ideally I'd try black, forged, in both normal and low water doubles, but I can't seem to find any barbless doubles of any description
    Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't, you're probably right.

I think you'll really struggle to find them beyond single hooks. The rivers I have fished that have called for barbless have always been fine with the barbs being crushed, which is the advice I would give as at least then you can keep your favourite hook. If you're unsure if the barb is completely flat then pull the points through a cloth and see if any fibres are caught when extracted.

Also, try hooks such as the partridge BMDs for your tube hooks, as these have micro barbs.

TT.

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
      I think you'll really struggle to find them beyond single hooks.TT.
      Yup, so it seems.
      Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't, you're probably right.

Comment

Don't know of any doubles but there are barbless trebles that I use on spinners/lures VMC 9648 BRONZED.

Cap

Comment

Originally posted by steelheadnut View Post
          Don't know of any doubles but there are barbless trebles that I use on spinners/lures VMC 9648 BRONZED.

Cap
          Good 'catch' there Cap; first reference I've seen of a barbless treble hook. Perhaps these, and cut off one the extra 'leg' and make a double out of it?:?

fae

Comment

Originally posted by steelheadnut View Post

Cap
            And they come in sizes: 1/2/4/6/8/10/12

Comment

Working...
            X