help needed to catch my first Sea Trout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed to catch my first Sea Trout

I tried 3 years ago to catch a Sea trout, i also tried for a Salmon. I maybe went out on 20 trips to the River Wear and never caught a thing. I've tried spinners (flying c & mepps) I've tried float fishing with thrimps and worms, also fly fishing with various flies.

The chance passed and 3 years later i found myself doing it all over again with no luck at all.

I'm just wondering if there's a guide out there who will take me out onto a river and get him hooked into a Sea Trout or Salmon. I dont want to pay the Earth but will part with my cash if it's a good rate and in fact i'd be happy to pay someone who isn't an official guide if he can get me hooked into a good fish.

Failing that idea any advise on how to, and where to catch my first Sea Trout or Salmon would be much apprecaited.

Paul

Have you tried fly fishing at night? They are a lot more obliging in the dark...

Comment

I've thought about it but dont really like the idea of going on my own and i dont know anyone who's into fishing :-(

Comment

In that case try fishing the evening up until dark or very early morning. When you get more experienced you'll probably end up staying for at least an hour or so of darkness...

Comment

you can search for instructors using the GAIA website. there you can search for instructors by area.

Comment

Working...
          X