Welsh & BFFI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welsh & BFFI

Bit of a clash this coming weekend with the Welsh Game fair at Gelli Aur and the British Fly Fair up in Stoke, would like to go to both, maybe BFFI on Saturday and Welsh on the Sunday. Whose going where?

Cap

Hi Cap,

will be at the Fly-Fair for both days. It's a real blow that they clash, as both are well worth attending, sadly.

Hope to see a few of you there. I will be in the tyers hall.

Steff.

Comment

I thought the fly fair was in October/November?

Comment

Usually yes T7, but this year it is in June:

http://www.bffi.co.uk/

TT.

Comment

Might pop down then if the river is out at the weekend...

Comment

As I stated under teify thread, I wen't to the Game fair at Gelli Aur, Quagmire might have been an understatement.
            I've only missed a couple of years going to this event through ill health and I have to say this had to be the worst one where trade stands were concerned, or to be precise, the lack of them.
            Fishermans row, don't make me laugh,something for the shooter, nearly missed that ONE. Plenty of tat and cheap jewellery(only not so cheap to buy).
            Feretting and hounds had a good showing.
            The best one was a pair of boots on offer, Special show price and they were DOUBLE what they are in Carmarthen.
            Should've gone to Stoke
            I think this will be my last visit to this one for some years

Cap
            Last edited by steelheadnut; 19-06-2011, 17:04. Reason: added more text

Comment

Seems like it lived up to its reputation again Cap, that's why I never go.

Bill

Comment

Enough about the so called game fair, how's you're season going Bill?

Cap

Comment

Hi Cap,

I've been spending time on the Towy and Cothi this year, been out a few times, no sewin or salmon though. Also been after the brownies had a few nice ones , but a lot of small ones.

I'll be spending more time on the Teifi next season (:,

All the best for now.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                  X