New member seeks advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member seeks advice

I would first like to say hi to all fellow sea trout fishers on this forum its a pleasure to be registered. I have been fishing for sewin for 12 yrs now and am a self confessed lover/addict of the sport.Ive joined the Teifi recently as i have a hol home in cenarth-its not far from the beach for the kids is it ?! Anyway, looking for a tidy spot or 2 for safe night fly fishing.a recce of late daytime resulted in getting chased by 20 cows....any ideas please id be really greatful guys-look forward for a reply....

Sorry I can't help with this query because I do not know the Teifi at all. I am quite surprised that you haven't had any replies to this post{; The forums are usually a good way to get some help or advice and I am pretty sure that there are lots of Teifi regulars on here. Try a post in the river report section for the Teifi - that might help. Maybe it just hasn't been noticed in this section.

Comment

Apologies but i don't know the lower Teifi very well. But in relation to cows i'm sorry to say it is an occupational hazard. I get followed by them on most of my favourite spots. I find if i calmly go about by business they do lose interest. Don't whatever you do run away from them quickly, they will give chase, far better is to run towards them believe it or not!
      Good Luck
      Aled

Comment

Lower Teifi Fishing & cow hazard

HI Aled, thanks for your reply i will def take your advice on that, kinda comforting in a way knowing im not the only one this has happened to and others do find a way around these bothersome beasts. I fish the Tawe in Swansea and we dont have to negotiate cows so it was new to me.! Anyway thanks for advice.:>

Comment

You are lucky to have only been chased by cows! I have fished the Tawe for 45 years and have been stoned by our travelling friends(!) a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
            I would first like to say hi to all fellow sea trout fishers on this forum its a pleasure to be registered. I have been fishing for sewin for 12 yrs now and am a self confessed lover/addict of the sport.Ive joined the Teifi recently as i have a hol home in cenarth-its not far from the beach for the kids is it ?! Anyway, looking for a tidy spot or 2 for safe night fly fishing.a recce of late daytime resulted in getting chased by 20 cows....any ideas please id be really greatful guys-look forward for a reply....
            Gary, sorry I missed this post first time round.
            Sounds like you were fishing downstream from Cenarth in the meadow after the woods.The farmer always puts young heifers in that meadow, they are very boisterous but won't harm you if you stand your ground.

Lots of safe places to fish in and around Cenarth, not a good idea to advertise them on the internet though.

P.M. me the next time you come down.

T.r.

Comment

Working...
            X