HMH spinner tube vice.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMH spinner tube vice.

Had a chat with Steff at the fly fair about this vice and took the plunge and got one , was going to have a home made one off Dai Jones but he thought he would see if his car could destroy it first and the car won :> any way the HMH fits the bill perfectly does exactly what it says on the tin and comes with a lifetime guarantee , an added bonus is it fits the pedestal of my Waldron and packs away nicely in the same bag ~:. so , if you tie a lot of tubes this piece of kit will do the job perfectly.

Dai.

PS Fred , good story behind the Name of this vice lol.
    Last edited by cullster; 03-05-2011, 13:34.

Glad you enjoyed the 'back story.' Many years ago I had the pleasure of meeting the fellow as well as Grant King aka Dyna-King vises.

Both were total hoots, but really knew what they were up to when it came to designing tyeing equipment. Up to that point most of what you could purchase really was 'junk.' Expensive, but still 'junk' as to what's available now.

Think I'm repeating myself here, but the HMH is the vise I use and have for years. Save for purchasing a second set of 'jaws' (to tie small flies) the thing is flawless in operation.

Fred

Comment

Top job. Nice one Dai. You won't regret it I can assure you. Top bit of kit, and a bit like a lamson reel; very little can go wrong!

It can, at times, crush the back of aluminium tubes, but you put tubing over that anyway, so no big issue really.

Happy tying!

TT.

Comment

Fred , total hoots :> a bit like John Graham then (jambo John) I met at the fly fair the one Steff is posting a clip of , top bloke who can tie a fly and also a total hoot to boot (:, Steff , I will be on box of tubes number 2 in no time with this vice ~:.

Comment

Working...
        X