34.5lbs sea-trout!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 34.5lbs sea-trout!!

Well, the fish just keep getting bigger. A friend of mine has just returned from the Rio Grande, catching a 22lbs, 25lbs and a 34.5lbs fish in his week!!

However... the 34.5lb'er was foul-hooked unfortunately. He was fishing a heavy line with a big, heavy fly and foul hooked the monster, sadly.

Hell of a fish though. I know the angler well and he's a big guy, so the fish doesn't look that impressive, but you get the idea.

TT.

Nice little stickleback, that. :> :> :> :>
    Must have been a pig to reel in if it was hooked anywhere but the head.
    Cap

Comment

A big old kipper that one, as cap said. bet it was hard work land it, being foul hooked.

Dai.
      Any Day with a Y in it, is a good day to go fishing.

http://daijonesflies.blogspot.com/

Comment

Monster!
        That must have been a battle with it being foul hooked - nice battle to have though!
        Born to fish........Forced to work!! :>

Comment

foul hooked or not, stunning fish.|\

......can't wait for next weeks 35.5lb fish!!!!

(with a picture of me behind it! :>)
          Dal y slac yn dyn!

Comment

What a fish |\ and a big well done on the others , great fishing ~:.

Comment

Just came across this one. It's from the same lodge as the other two 30lbs+ fish were taken this year.

Amazing jumps from such a big fish.

TT.

Comment

:} Awesome fish.

Comment

Holy Moses, one day, one day!!

Comment

Good Lord!

That 'thing' is the size of a Pacific Ocean King Salmon.:}

Comment

Funny that you should say that Fred. You should see the amount of Kings stacking up in one tributary of the Grande. These are Atlantic kings. They run all the way through the Argentine beats, which are heavily fished on a daily basis. They then enter this sizeable tributary some 90 miles up on the Chilean side. They are really building in numbers, and if I'm honest I am not sure how this will affect the Grande in future years.

Steff.

Comment

The fish is in awsome condition, such a huge body build on it.

Dai.
                        Any Day with a Y in it, is a good day to go fishing.

http://daijonesflies.blogspot.com/

Comment

Interesting you should mention that Steff. Just read (short time back) that Pacific King Salmon (and apparently Steelhead) had been 'planted' in some South American Rivers that flow into the Atlantic.

News to me, and by the other posts, to many others. Can't speak to the length of the rivers 'there,' but not unusual here in the PNW for Salmon and Steelhead to run hundreds of miles up through multiple river systems to get to their spawning beds.

As an example all the fish that spawn in the Clearwater River in Idaho start by entering the Columbia River which flows into the Pacific between Washington and Oregon. These fish will have covered somewhere between 5 and 6 hundred miles, through three different river systems, before they spawn.

King's (well, any Pacific based Salmon) die after they spawn and provide a huge 'food base' for the newly hatched eggs. A total life cycle.

fae

Comment

Next question...how much does it cost to fish the grande???:>

Comment

Aha, that's the biggest catch of all! :>

Prices will vary from $4500 through to around $7500, prices are always in US dollars.

TT.

Comment

Working...
                              X