Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You do not use/understand the use of a 2-hander rod?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You do not use/understand the use of a 2-hander rod?

This will explain everything:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NP5_...eature=related

You have been warned; take heed .. or die ....::

(:,

This will further explain the 'error of your ways!':@

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpEZx...eature=related
    Last edited by fredaevans; 19-01-2011, 23:42.

It's official, you have way too much time on your hands :>

Heheh

Comment

(:,

You're just figuring out that now? Hell, folks who've known me for years ... knew that years ago.:?

Comment

Hi there Fred,
        How's tricks, any news on the Steelies yet?
        Will miss another early trip this year again.
        I'm definately having withdrawl symptoms.
        Have been busy tying some snakes ready for the Sewin(Sea-trout) fishing.
        Hope to have more time on the river this year, providing this crumbling body lets me:#.
        Cap

Comment

Good Morning Cap.

Upper Rogue River is just kicking into high gear for winter steelhead fishing. Major part of what's up in the top 1/3'rd of the river still seem to be holding in/below Grants Pass, Oregon. Water flows have been extraordinarily low for this time of the year so fish are stacking up in deeper runs..

Find them and you're in for fun and games. That said, the weather forecast for Monday/Tuesday is we're to get a heavy shot of rain so I suspect this will kick the Bugger's into gear.

Here's the flow gage for Grants Pass; the little triangles are the historic flows ... you can see we're waaaaay below that: http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?site_no=14361500

The pulling out of both Savage Rapids and the Gold Ray dams have really helped the river (opened up miles more of potential spawning beds) but we lost the one/only fish counter in the whole river system. So from this season forward the size of the runs (Steelhead or Salmon) will just be a "Swag." (Sophisticated wild ass guess)

Still have about 2.5 months of which should be 'prime time fishing' so we'll see what we shall see.

Fred

Comment

Hi there Fred,
            Thanks for the report, wish I was out there.
            Look forward to hearing how this Spring session pans out for you.

Cap

Comment

So am I Cap, so am I.

Will be interesting to see how the Fish and Game folks 'estimate' the size of this winters run (or any there after for that matter) as the one/only fish counting station was at Gold Ray dam.

And that (and Savage Rapids) were pulled out late last year. It's good that the two are gone, but from this point forward any 'estimate' will just be a "SWAG." (aka Sophisticated Wild Ass Guess):@

fae

Comment

Working...
              X