X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit Used: The others

Hello All
    It's the close season so....
    Last week i tied a tube fly using a cotton bud as a tube, and using a felting needle to hold the tube securely in the vice. This got me thinking: What pieces of kit do we use that are not sold as fishing related equipment, but we use in some shape or form to help us enjoy our sport? Here are a few that i use. NB, i'm taking no responsibility for inventing/finding any of the list below, with one or two exceptions, somewhere along the line somebody gave me the info but i can't always remember who gave it me first!

Fly Tying Kit/general kit storage: Recsued from a skip: 2 library card draws, two draws from a medical trolley, and an A4 page size metal filling cabinet, been using them for 15 years.
    Paper Clips: Larger sizes to make waddingtons, smaller sizes used to keep minnow mounts and shells together in box.
    Insultation Tape: Black, red, and yellow make good bodies for tubes and waddis.
    Present sellotape: Use the red tape to make bodies for red mackrel flies, silver and gold could probably do alright to.
    Wine Bottle Package String: Looks like mylar, can be used like mylar!
    Sandwich box with clasp: Use as spare spinner box does not open when travelling.
    Large Plastic Tool Box from B&Q, excellent for away days/fishing holidays stays upright in the car, and tray on top carries reels well. Also stores nicely under a boat seat.
    Finally 6 litre plastic mayonaise bucket for worm storage & plastic backed picnic blanket to keep feet dry whilst changing into waders.
    There's lots more, it would be great to hear what others use.|\
    Tight Lines
    Aled
Working...
X