Fly tying desk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly tying desk

I have for sale my old tying desk, as i will be having a new custom built desk. this week,

Desk open, to tie.

Desk closed when not in use, This is made out of solid pine.

This unit is mint condition, and £130 when new. want £50, you can pick up. or will deliver up to 10 miles out side Swansea,
    Any Day with a Y in it, is a good day to go fishing.

http://daijonesflies.blogspot.com/

Ah Dai, i would love that piece of kit, but alas i have not got a suitable location for it.
    However fate may play me a different hand in the future (wink). Where did you get i from? It looks superb.
    Cheers
    Aled

Comment

Aled, You know you need it.

Dai

Comment

Dai i would love it, but i've no space, genuinely wish i did have, sorry mate this is very much a case (pardon the pun) of window shopping, sadly!:}~#
        If i win the lottery on the weekend and i know my place in the country is sorted i'll buy it with pleasure!
        Tight Lines
        Aled

Comment

Now sold

Cheers, Dai.

Comment

Good man Dai i am pleased to hear that.
            Cheers
            Aled

Comment

Damn!

Love to have that ... but 'delivery' to Southern Oregon might be a bit over the top.

BUMMER!::

Comment

I been doing some window shopping for when i win the lottery and get my bigger house. Looked on ebay, they are there Fred!
                Tight Lines
                Aled

Comment

I can believe. :&gt

Wonder if something like that would fit into a FedEx box???::

Comment

Ahhh some of them are flat packs Fred|\,
                    But seriously there must be something similar available over your side of the pond, when we move house (and we will one day) i will definately get one of those. :>
                    Cheers
                    Aled

Comment

Actually use a 'roll top desk' for my set up ... unless I'm watching TV ... then it's a wood fold up TV dinner tray. :?

Less than class, but put in a good DVD, turn on the 52" big box hooked to stereo surround and you're lost as you wind on feathers. Should mention that the rewind/pause button on the controller stick is 'magic.' There are times you can only walk, and chewing gum at the same time is not an option.:::>

fae

Comment

Looked at a roll top desk myself, (again window shopping) see where your coming from, back in the bathelor days, when i had time and space, had a cracking set up in the spare room, combined with one of them roll back seats, to read and relax cracking!
                        Cheers
                        Aled

Comment

One of the best features of a rool top desk is ..

Keeping young fingers OR an inquisitive Siamese Cat out of 'your stuff.' "Saki" was one of those truly special Pets that, though long gone, is always in the back of your mind.

Roll top was fairly good sized, and I soon learned to keep the right side clear of materials and 'sharp things.' She'd jump up, park her fuzzy butt, (and to clear a larger spot, swish her tail) and 'observe' the goings on. Finish a fly, would roll the chair back and ask her 'well .... what do you think?'

More often than not, she'd lean forward and give it a good 'sniff.' Never did quite figure out if the following "Meow" was a good thing .... or a critique. ::::/

fae

Comment

Fred know exactly what you mean although your cat seemed a bit better behaved than mine! Betty would torment the hell out of the bobbin holder usually resulting in broken thread at exactly the wrong moment! She got clever too, learnt to sneak in without a sound and pounce when yours truly was deep in concentration, usually tying a whip finish!
                            Cheers
                            Aled

Comment

Ah Yes ... the 'Fur Balls.'

Not sure I've got this quite right,:? but remember something to the effect that 'You own a Dog, a Cat owns you.'

Dear God, "Pets" how we love them and they become an interracial part of your life. No 'cat' now, but two large Doggies, and why am I up/typing at 1 AM in the morning?

The three of us, me at 160 pounds and 220'ish pounds of dogs on the bed ... and something gets their attention. They're off like a shot, I'm awake and moving (intruders????:@) and flip on the out side lights (there's nothing that I could see) but Sandy, my Yellow Lab takes a bolter, out the front door.

Well below freezing here and he won't come back into the house .. hunt/search/protect/walk the perimeter/as far as it takes ...and why I'm typing now at 0138 waiting for him to 'come back.' New neighborhood so I don't let the two out of the yard, save to go to the Jeep to head off for fishing.

Off he goes, I get dressed and jump in the car to find him .. and the fricking car battery is DEAD! and car won't start.

Now folks we have a classic 'Merican' version of a Cluster FuxK.

He's back, I'm FREEZING from walking the better part of a half mile about the area bellowing my lungs out: SANDY!! SANDY!!!!! Etc. Zero result. Screw it, I'm freezing, he'll either know the way home .... or not.

Turn on all the out side lights, turn on the big flat screen TV and wait. 30 some minutes later there's a large fur ball jumping up/down out side the front room window!!!!

Toss up between 'I want to KILL YOU!!! and Sweet Jesus Doggie PLEASE DON'T DO THAT!!

Maybe I got that wrong: both the Cat and the Dog do own us, just a different level?
                              Fred

Comment

Working...
                              X