Flying C's!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying C's!

Might be a daft question but are there certain makers that have better results? As far as Rapalas are concerned, I buy Rapalas, as far as Toby's are concerned I have alwas used Abu. And Same goes for Vibrax and Aglia Long! So.... Are the Welsh Flying C's as good as any other brands? Or are there people making them up with the extra special finishing touches that make all the difference???? Again,sorry if it seems daft. Tim.

Not a daft question.

I find its the colour not the brand that makes the difference.

Did you know that a long tail version is particularly good for sea fishing too ?

Bill

Comment

Agree with Bill.

Also, I hate that little fluoro bead at the head of most and will never fish with them.

Yellow heavily coloured water
      Then red as it starts to clear
      Then black as it clears more

Silver blades in the most heavily coloured water, then gold or copper as it runs off.

Not sure where you're based Tim, but the tackle shop in Carmarthen has the largest selection I have come across and I'm sure they will make to order and mail order.

http://www.sea-trout.co.uk/showthread.php?t=378

TT.

Comment

I bought a few off John the other day. Very impressed with them. The two rivers I fish are very different. My main river I can get away with big heavy flying c's but my small secret hotspot is shallow so I need very light flying c's. I learnt that the hard way and its a graveyard for my lures!!!! I agree on the Black, Red and Yellow theories. Been using black and red forever, the yellows are new to me. Deadly in dark water! Had my first Salmon of the Season on one last week. My rod broke though::/ Diolch, Tim.

Comment

Hi Tim , I would go with the selection Steff has put above , yellow is my go to colour for heavy water , then it is black or a Rapala every time |\ two fish below on yellow.

Tight lines.

Dai.

Comment

I think I'm going to be the odd one out here :>, but some of you might get this... I do or did well when I used them more was the copper and black one even in big water, depending on how strong the sun was they stood out in the water more than a silver and yellow fc did in certain light conditions even in high coloured water.
            cheers Glyn

Comment

Working...
            X