dyed teal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dyed teal

Hi guys looking for a supplier of barred teal duck,or similar, especially blue,bright red see veniard stuff ,but struggling for blue,or am i going to have e 50 mile exclusion zone when i try dying,shocking tyed for 30 yrs stayed away from dying,one of these that when i do something my evidence is not hiddden,csi would only be an advert if i was the criminal,everything around myself included will be dyed in some form

and how do you prononce the fly me being a scotsmen ,

Deuoni and Deuoni Paun

Hi AP,

I always got mine from celtic-flycraft. Try giving Jon a call, he may be able to help:

http://www.celticflycraft.co.uk/

Alternatively, give these wapsi hen hackle a go, I actually prefer them to the teal nowadays:

http://www.mchardys.co.uk/prodisp.php?prodcatind=1&subcatind=1&pageind=4#74

They are about 3/4s of the way down the page.

If you can't get either, then resort to guinea fowl, but it's not the best and usually has a pretty thick base.

As for the pronunciation; daioni means to do you good, or words to that affect. Deunoi is a play on that. Welsh is phonetic, so it's pretty much as you see it; 'dai-o-nee'.

Good luck,

TT.

Comment

Thanks very much TT
      I am away to look in fly tying cabinet,i use someting simmilar dyed grizzle/ cree,cock for a coloured barred effect down the sides,of the goat hair on some sunray shadows,glue on dome eyes then epoxy the head,for a bit more fishy look
      I am sure i also have dyed grizzly marabou (chickabou),small soft fluffy hen hackles from young chicks,will let you know how i get on
      could put guinea fowl in a dubbing loop,and use spinner,do that sometimes with blue jay,
      Last edited by allypally; 23-08-2010, 18:00.

Comment

Give it a whirl AP, I'm sure you'll come out with something that will take the fish's fancy. Always nice to experiment anyway.

TT.

Comment

Have tied some with the blue dyed grizzle/cree and flame orange grizzle/cree,subtle not as bold markings as teal ,but the one i used the orange instead of red teal i think is superb,lovely variation to an alexandra and the other varient the allypally,will definatley be getting drowned a good few times it says one thing to me FAAAAASH!

Comment

Nice one! Thanks for reporting back, and hope they prove to be killers!

Post a photo if you get a chance, would love to see them.

Thanks,

TT.

Comment

As soon as i can get prob with camera sorted, I will post up along with an allpally

Comment

Hopefully this works
                first the allypally
                HOOKsize 8 b175,
                BODYflat silver mylar ribbed silver wire,
                WING 2x paired slips from peacock sword,cheeks single red goose biot each side,
                HACKLE,first hackle black cock,2nd hackle,white cock

Now the flame orange hackled version of the Deuoni Paun,not as striking as the teal and will have to get some dyed teal or grizzle but i like

Comment

Nice flies Ap , I just done some with gf and they came out nice but like you would like to get some teal as it is a lot better to work with , looks like a trip over to see john celtic fly as he is on my door step , the thing is though when I go over for one thing I end up coming back with ten :>

Dai.

Comment

AP, Nice looking patterns, they will do the job for sure.

As regards the dyed teal, i have been using hareline very good quality.

Dai.
                    Any Day with a Y in it, is a good day to go fishing.

http://daijonesflies.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nice one AP, good job. Nice neat heads too.

TT.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys,noticed taimen the polish site have dyed mallard flank in two sizes here is one size in this link ,actually a good site that i ofen use for materials
                        http://www.taimen.com/mt/product_inf...oducts_id=4748

Comment

Thanks for the link AP |\

Dai.

Comment

For the shipping i tend to use the polish post option,takes about a week

Comment

Sorry guys not been here for ages that many other things
                              Any way having muck about the other night and tried a keough dyed red hen saddle feather wound at front of wing on alexandra type fly and i like will post wee pic later in week

Comment

Working...
                              X