X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celtic Sea-trout Project.

This may be of interest:

http://www.celticseatrout.com/

I believe that they're also looking for contributors to supply scale samples etc. of the fish they catch. I have signed up for it, as hopefully it will help our sea-trout in some way, shape or form!

Worth a look anyway.

TT.

A few members of my club are involved in this (including myself). I have only taken 1 scale sample so far on the 1 fish I have killed this season. I don't know how practical it would be to remove scales from a live fish using the plastic knife that they supply. 15 scales are needed and it was fairly difficult to do on the dead fish - I don't think I'll be taking scales from any live fish and I only kill 1 or 2 fish a season generally...

Comment

Agreed T7. I tried it on the large fish I returned last week, and can't say that it felt right. I read that you should then rub the mucus back onto this section, but still. {; I managed to get the scales off, but it didn't feel like the right thing to be doing to a live fish.

More than happy to help, but may have to look into the harm it may be doing first, as surely that area would be more prone to infection afterwards?

Any insight?

TT.

Comment

Working...
      X