Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennis elbow

Hi All

I wonder if anybody out there has suffered from a damaged elbow resulting from excessive casting

I had a period recently where I was casting a lot and changed my style fairly radically after 30 years and as a result my forearm got steadily more sore and in the end felt like there was a steel rod inserted from elbow to wrist.I cant now 5 weeks later even pick up a kettle let alone cast

I have been to the osteopath for 5 weeks,tried heat,cold,pressure bands etc all to no avail and its not getting any better

Not fishing since June is breaking my heart so can anybody help with advice or tell me how long I may need to rest it for or what else I can try or what you found sorted it for you.

Thanks for any advice
    Paul

I assume you're using a one-hander rod.

Don't know what line weight you using but you can get light two handers down as low 3/4 weights. The use of a 2-hander will really take the strain off your arms/shoulder/hands, etc. You'll usually find referred to as 'switch rods.'

These light rods can be cast 'over hand' or by using a traditional spey cast(s) depending upon your access to the water.
    Last edited by fredaevans; 02-08-2010, 05:07.

Comment

Working...
    X