• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only in "Merkcia?" Too funny.

* Bear crashes in runaway car
    Jul 26, 2010

DENVER | Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:50am BST

DENVER (Reuters Life!) - A black bear attracted by the smell of a peanut butter sandwich managed to open the door of a car, climb in and got stuck, knocking the gear stick into neutral and sending the car rolling down a slope into trees.

The blare of the car horn alerted the members of the Story family who realised 17-year-old Ben's Toyota was no longer parked in the driveway of their home in Larkspur near Denver.

When they went to explore they discovered the car and trapped culprit at the bottom of the hill -- a giant bear with teeth bared and claws tearing through the car's interior.

The bear was trapped inside the car for two hours before police were able to release the animal who ran off into nearby woods.

Ben and his sister Becky said the bear was likely lured into the car by a certain scintillating scent.

"There was a peanut butter sandwich in the back seat," Ben told reporters, adding that his car was ruined.

(Reporting by Katharine Jackson of Reuters Television, Editing by Belinda Goldsmith)

Did the Police not charge the Bear with attempted TWOC , or theft of Sandwich ????,{; before letting it run off.

Probably just issued a FP ticket , save the paperwork.

Comment

Don't know about that Dave, but I'd love to have sat in the meeting with the families insurance adjuster when they put in the claim to get the car fixed/replaced. :?

Comment

I guess it would sound a bit like Bob Newheart in his " The Driving Instructor"
        scetch.

Comment

Originally posted by dryflydave View Post
          I guess it would sound a bit like Bob Newheart in his " The Driving Instructor"
          scetch.
          Dam! Are we the two who remember that???????|\|\:>

Comment

Hiya all,
            Nope, I too ,regrettably,remember it well.........twas a long time ago{;{;{;
            Ciao Dyfed

Comment

BUT !! do you remember what was on the "B" side, I do !!.

Now ! if only I could remember what I was doing this morning ????~#

Comment

Here's entire records play list.

Side 1:

The Grace L Ferguson Airline

Returning a Gift

The Driving Instructor
                (If you want to hear same, click here: http://trashcars.net/v/223/bob-newha....html?code=108

Side 2:

The Cruise of the USS Codfish

The Retirement Party

Introducing Tobacco to Civilization

Ledge Psychology
                Last edited by fredaevans; 05-08-2010, 17:51.

Comment

Working...
                X