Norway Sea Fishing 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norway Sea Fishing 2010

Spent the last 7 days on an Arvor 215 in Skjervoy with 3 mates, and it went a little like this........

The boat....

The pontoon....

Sunset (well nearly) - Oh! And sunrise....

Midnight....

Good stamp of cod....

Wolfish....

Halibut....

Haddock (in the rain)....

Coalfish....

More Cod....

And some more....

Chin hooked wolf....

Smelly torsk....

Wolf head....

Oh - and before I forget - a 50lb'er....

What a week........
    - lost coun't of 20lb+ cod
    - at least 1 30lb cod for each of us
    - a 40lb'er for Sam
    - a 50lb'er for myself
    - 3 Halibut to 25lb
    - loads of wolfish up to 15lb
    - too many haddock to count - to about 8lb
    - coalies to 10lb
    - a couple of redfish
    - and a few smelly torsk (they really do stink!)
    - some ling (only small)
    - and half a dozen whiting up to a pound or so.

It got to the stage at one mark where it was a 10 - 20lb cod every drop! Unbelieveable! Just goes to show what a little homework can produce, where others struggled a little last week!

Norway has totally blown the UK fishing out of the water for me.

Fishing will never be the same! EVER!
    Last edited by Chuck; 28-07-2010, 22:05.
    Dal y slac yn dyn!

some more pic's............

Dal y slac yn dyn!

Comment

Dal y slac yn dyn!

Comment

A big well done gents |\ you will never want to fish the Bristol channel again :>

ATB

Dai.

Comment

outstanding fishing lads some superb catches well done, unfortunately i've just had to pull out of a trip there in feb gutted as it looks fantastic

Comment

Don't know what you paid for the trip ...

BUT you all got your money's worth!~:.

Comment

Cheers guys.....It was truly ridiculous fishing

Fred - cost us £650 each, including flights, 40kg of baggage, boat for the week, transfers and a coolbox full of meat to take over as it's a bit expensive there!

Only other cost was a few essential food items a bottle of whisky at duty free and the diesel for the arbor.

Saving up for next time already!!! 2 years time perhaps in April for the real bigguns!!!!!!
              Dal y slac yn dyn!

Comment

Dear God! Only 650 Pounds all in!

That IS a hell of a good deal; book for next year now before guy changes/raises his prices. After those photo's get around the Internet getting space may be at a Premium.

Comment

used up all my brownie points with the mrs! so won't be going next year (or the year after probably!!!) ::

can always live in hope though! |\
                  Dal y slac yn dyn!

Comment

Awesome, truly awesome mate!! Those are some fish, fair play. And to think, all caught on the Woolworths £9.99 kit! Fair play, credit where credit's due! :>

Do you reckon you could of had some of them on he fly, Chuck? or was there too much of a tidal race?

Sinking line sydd eisiau!

TT.

Comment

TT - fly is certainly an option for the cod, coalies and haddock - just need to find them midwater - when they've pushed the bait (sandeel/herring etc) to the surface. Our Arvor wasn't the quetest thing in the world - but if you could get a tinny or even a yak out there - then you'd be laughing.

Main issue would be finding them shallow enough to have a go at them. Shallowest we found cod (to double figures!) was in 7m of water - they were hard on the bottom there. majority of the big fish were in 45 - 65m so unless you're fishing a 300g pirk on your flyline - you may have trouble getting downto them:@

But the coalies & haddock could be caught just as you lost sight of your prik sinking in the water! so not very deep at all.

Couple of the guys out there had tried it - but for some reason the week we were theer the fish haddn't shoaled as they normally do (apparently!).

Still we caught fish (plenty of them too) wherever we stopped the boat!

Woolworths kit! Where did you see it for £9.99? - I paid £12.99 for mine! I've been conned! ::

Seriously though - I did take my spinning rod and boated cod to 15lb or so along with haddock and coalies to about 8lb! Had to return to the heavier gear though as I thought my arms were going to drop off after a while - a 15lb cod in 130m is not fun after the first 3 or 4 min of winching in on light gear!!!

catch up soon fella.
                      Dal y slac yn dyn!

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
                        Awesome, truly awesome mate!! Those are some fish, fair play. And to think, all caught on the Woolworths £9.99 kit! Fair play, credit where credit's due! :>

Do you reckon you could of had some of them on he fly, Chuck? or was there too much of a tidal race?

Sinking line sydd eisiau!

TT.
                        sorry missed the bit regarding tide..........we were there on neaps - and we really struggled to find any tide most days! weird as I thought that they were supposed to be one of the strongest tides in the world? anyway - we had plenty of wind to push us along most days! would have turned PhilRich green though
                        Dal y slac yn dyn!

Comment

Excellent stuff Chuck :>

Now if you need an old sea salt next year to join you I'm sure you can wangle another trip :>

Bill

Comment

Working...
                          X