T&S article row...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T&S article row...

It's unfortunate when such matters arise, but such is the way of the world nowadays I guess, or certainly the angling world.

It has been brought to my attention that allegations have been made by a certain individual on another forum, inciting the usual drivel from the usual suspects. It comes as no surprise to me who made the allegations, and it was certainly no surprise to me on which forum these allegations were made.

I have far better things to be getting on with, but had better set the record straight, as I have begrudgingly been drawn into this. I have not read what has been said, as do not frequent the given forum, and never will. However, I have gathered the main point.

I recently wrote an article for T&S, basically encompassing what I had here on this step-by-step:

http://www.sea-trout.co.uk/showthread.php?t=320

A certain individual has now made accusations that this was his idea and that I stole it. I know, bear with me. Did I see something similar with this individual? Yes, I certainly did. Was this it? 100% not.

I first saw this idea from 2 different guides on the Rio Grande, or the closest I have seen to it. They are guides at Kau-Tapen lodge; Pelle Tronde from Norway and Max Mamaev from Russia, who’s also the head guide at Ryabaga on the Ponoi. They used the method with superb results when fishing collie dog type flies for sea-trout. I took their idea and put it on another hook to form what is basically a secret weapon mount. Let’s not big this up or make it anything other than what it really is; this is a secret weapon mount that has been around for decades!! I can only see my application of the shrink tube as being the only new addition, and I can almost guarantee the fact that someone else has done that before me, as very little is new within fishing.

If the given individual making these accusations wants to claim that he invented the secret weapon mount then let him fill his boots, but I certainly do not and will openly admit that I doubt the mount is anything new. However, that is not why I write such instructional pieces on here or for magazines, I write them so that I can show people how to construct and utilise common methods, methods which they may not be familiar with.

I am not looking for any responses, or any support on the matter. Indeed, this is all I have to say on the matter and from this I will leave everyone draw their own conclusions. Anyone with half a brain cell will see what’s going on here, and that’s good enough for me. Needless to say it has nothing to do with plagiarism!!

Thanks,

Steff.

"....as very little is new within fishing."

100% true Steff, 100%. I remember your post (embedded link above) and thought that was a great variation on a theme. That said, the use of 'stinger hooks' and how to attach same is 'old hat' here in the PNW.

A good example of this is the 'Intruder' type winter Steelhead fly. These things are the size of dead birds and have as many feathers ... no place for the hook, save for hanging way back in the tips of the feathers.

No idea who's (or where) trying to 'fluff your tail feathers' but let the A.. H... rant away. No one else cares, so why should you?~:. Stay cool Man, stay cool.

Fred

Comment

Working...
    X