Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40+ Lines - am I being sensitive?

Wotcher,

Do any other users of these lines believe, or have the perception, that takes are slightly dulled due to the head weight (obviously not the arm wrenching, reel screaming, rod stealing kind)?

I'm getting used to my line having used a Shakey Worcestershire for so long and I the other day I had a consolatory three decent brownies - two of which I had no idea were on the line until lifting off despite their deeply hooking a 2" waddington.

Just wondering what the consensus is or if I'm just looking for faults in my kit rather than technique!!

Jon

Hey Jon, I think you may have lost all sense of feeling in your hands not to detect takes from 2 good sized brownies on 2" waddingtonsLiquid lunch? How cold was it?

Seriously I have been using the 40+ extreme for 2 seasons now and have no complaints at all, great casting large & heavy flies, good turnover of flies. If I had one small gripe it does not lend itself to mending the line in a fast run but some would consider that to be an advantage.

Stick with it.

Steve.

Comment

Hey Jon, I think you may have lost all sense of feeling in your hands not to detect takes from 2 good sized brownies on 2" waddingtonsLiquid lunch? How cold was it?
      Kinda my point. I literally lifted off to recast and "whoops - fish on".
      Bizarre.

...and quite chilly if you must know but I'm a hardy soul

Comment

Hey JT,

these are my frontline sewin fishing lines, along with the sewincaster sink-tips. In a nutshell; no, I haven't experienced any problems with registering takes, but I guess that on the flip-side you wouldn't know if there was a problem with any line, as you wouldn't register anything to know that there was a problem. :>

I believe that the running line is made with sixth sense, non-stretch technology, which would actually increase the line's sensitiveness.

If you're fishing dead-drift then some takes are quite light, and can be missed on any line, but I don't think that the 40+ would accentuate this IMHO.

When fishing the sinking versions then this should be even less of a problem, as the weight of the submerged line is usually enough to penetrate the barb, whereas the floater can take a bit more of a lift.

I tend to fish the rod tip very close to the water' surface, this usually gives you a split second extra to register the take, which may help you?

teififlies; you are bang on there, they're not the best lines to mend when/if you're fishing off the running line, in fact, it is nearly impossible.

TT.

Comment

Thanks Steff - appreciate your thoughts.

Jon

Comment

I must be super sensitive as i was using my line the other night i had a take while doing figure of 8 and it numbed my fingers and i still didn't get the fish but apart from that i have no problems with the sensitivity of the line.:>

Comment

I find the 40+ Fast Glass line brilliant for my sewin fishing in the dark. One flick and away. The running line is also handy - yellow - as it can be followed with my dodgy eyes as it swings around. I also have the Di-3 40+, but there isn't a need for this line on the Tawe very often - not unless you are looking to lighten your fly box and hide some flies in the river bed.

So, 40+ lines get the thumbs up in my opinion!

Comment

Working...
              X