Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swff

Hi All,

With this hot weather and low river levels does anyone fancy a meet up down West to do a bit of SWFFing off the beach with their sewin gear.

I'm no expert, only done it a couple of times.

Bill

Definitely up for that Bill, as would 2-3 locals I know.

What have you got in mind? where and when?

Thanks,

Steff. |\

Comment

Hi Steff,

As I say I'm no expert, but I've done a lot of seafishing and know a few marks.

Where do you fancy Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire or Ceredigion, probably best to discuss marks by pm or on the phone.

Speak soon to get it sorted.

How about next Saturday or Sunday depending on weather and tides.

Bill
      Last edited by springwell; 28-06-2010, 15:04.

Comment

Hi Steff and all,

I've a few marks we can try, however as it is usually is with a good sea fishing mark, long walks, 1.5 miles each way in waders and climbs are involved {;

Are you still up for it

As an old codger I'll have to buy a walking stick :> only joking, not yet.

Bill

Comment

Hi Bill,

should be a lot of freshwater and crap churned around on Thursday, do you think it will still fish by the weekend? I would have thought anywhere near estuaries would be out?

Can't believe there's not more interest though! Come on lads.

Perhaps if we call an area, without naming marks we would get some interest, even the county?

TT.

Comment

Steff you have a pm

Comment

Originally posted by T7 View Post
              Steff you have a pm
              ditto

Bill

Comment

Steff et al,

Its looking like Carmarthenshire

Bill

Comment

I'm going to be spending more time of the Ceredigion coast this summer, especially if it remains dry, don't like slow green rivers.

Was out on Friday evening saw some sewin jumping and one cracker about 4ft from the shore line.

If anyone is heading off to the coast around Ceredigion - happy to meet up (subject to timings)

S

Comment

Simon,

I'd be happy to nip up for a few sessions, just pm me I'm less than an hour from most of the Ceredigion marks.

Although I've many, many years experience of conventional light sea fishing, this SWFFing is all new to me.

"Speak soon"

Bill

Comment

Hi Bill

Will do when work and family committments allow. I'll send a pm

S

Comment

Looks like I'm on my own over the weekend then ::/

Poor Billy no mates :>

Comment

Hi Bill,

Just seen this thread......I have recently moved from the South Coast to Carmarthenshire. I used to spend a bit of time around the Southampton waters so would love to try a few local marks. I have tried a few marks around Ceredigion.

Cheers
                          David

Comment

Hi David,

You are welcome, Simon fancies a bash too just pm me. Perhaps Steff needs to set up a SWFF section for these hard times, its raining now though.

Anyway I went early yesterday morning and fished the tide up. I'm still aching from the long walk and hard climb

The breakers were quite big on the beach and I soon discovered my Grxi 7/8wt rod was not up to it.

Had a good time, but blanked. I thought things would change when the gulls started to dive,a cormorant appeared and a couple of dolphins came out to play a few hundred yards off.

There's always next time, and an excuse to buy a new rod

Bill

Comment

Sorry Bill, this became a non starter. Let's try and organise something for the near future.

Steff.

Comment

Working...
                              X