Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you name this lure?

Hi Folks.

Is there anyone out there who can put a name to this lure?.
    Im not allowed to get it out till the 15th, I had one last season and the sea trout loved it. but what always happens to good lures, they end up in trees.

Regards
    edd.

Well from the tiny photo its a touch tricky, but it lookks like a Rattle trap, or one of the copies. I know Rapala do one called the Ratlin' Rapala.

Very popular in the States, but lipless hard lures are much less popular here. What size is it?

Comment

Originally posted by SJF, Simon View Post
      What size is it?
      The $64,000 question.

Bill Lewis' original RAT-L-TRAP was 75mm and 14gm & came in a wide variety of colours. The example is almost certainly one of these.

The RATTL'N RAPALA is/was 80mm and 23gm; but I don't think it was produced in that classic bass colour; and the rear hook attachment was further back than on the example pictured.

I hope to have been of help.

Elle

Comment

I have tried them in the river to no avail, but caught Pollack in the sea on them.
        Glyn

Comment

Originally posted by edd View Post
          Hi Folks.

Is there anyone out there who can put a name to this lure?.
          Im not allowed to get it out till the 15th, I had one last season and the sea trout loved it. but what always happens to good lures, they end up in trees.

Regards
          edd.
          It's termed a 'Vibrating Plug' - due to its tight action and loud rattles.

I have them in sizes ranging from 1-3in in length.

For trout, perch and chub, the 1in versions are best.
          Charlie Bettell

Comment

Hi Folks.

Thanks for the replies.

Sorry about the small pic, but she woun`t let me get it out yet.

Trout, do you know where I can buy some at a good price I would like to get a few of them.

Only nine days till it gets a swim and I hope to have some good pic`s to show you.

Regards.
            edd.

Comment

Originally posted by edd View Post
              Hi Folks.

Thanks for the replies.

Sorry about the small pic, but she woun`t let me get it out yet.

Trout, do you know where I can buy some at a good price I would like to get a few of them.

Only nine days till it gets a swim and I hope to have some good pic`s to show you.

Regards.
              edd.
              Best bet would be BassPro or Cabelas.

I purchased a load of 1-3in lures some years back, from up and coming UK lure sellers, when lure fishing was just starting to take off in this country - 1986-1990.

I don't know how popular 1-3in lures ( approximately 3 grams) are nowadays in the states.
              Charlie Bettell

Comment

Charlies correct.

This is a 'warm water' Bass lure used here in the States. As noted, you'll find pages of these kind of things in PB or Cab's on line catalog(s).

Comment

Bill Lewis is still going|\.
                  Here's an interesting article about him: http://www.dailysentinel.com/sports/.../Outdoors.html

The RAT-L-TRAP is still going too: http://rat-l-trap.com/2007/

Ask for 'Chrome Blue' which is what the example pictured was.

Ella

Comment

Working...
                  X