advice on river Tawe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on river Tawe

Hi all been following the forum for a while now and just wanted to ask has anyone got any advice for fishing the river Tawe in swansea? Any advice will be much appreciated!:> tightlines fordfly

Hi fordfly,

I know that there are a couple of Tawe regulars on here, who I hope will interject as some point, as they would really be the best people to offer advice.

I have very limited fishing experience on the Tawe, but do know a few of its practices.

It can be a cracking salmon river, and I think is regarded nowadays as more of a salmon river than a sewin river - especially after the barrage was constructed, which really affected the runs. It does, however, still get a decent run of sewin, but nothing like it was before the barrage.

It's a very quick spate river, so you need to be quick to time a daytime flood.

Other than that, I hope that the Tawe regulars will help you out with the fishing side of things.

Tightlines,

TT.

Comment

Thanx TT the river has changed a lot since i used 2 fish the tidal stretch many years ago! I fished a bit last season and managed a few salmon at nite along with some sewin but the larger 1s always manage 2 avoid my fly!lol just hoped sum of the better/mre exerianced anglers cld help a relative novice(2nd season with the fly) how has yr season been so far? Many thanks Fordfly!:>

Comment

Doesn't sound like you're doing too badly fordfly |\

Well done on the fish. Keep plugging away, the bigger fish will turn up sooner or later.

It has been an 'ok' start to the season. Not amazing, but not rubbish. Opened my account on 3 rivers thus far, and will hopefully tickle one out of the Neath before long to make it 4.

Good luck for the season ahead.

TT.

Comment

Yr to modest TT that snds like a good start to me!|\ wil do on pluggin away im also going to try not being so lazey switch lines/flies more throughout the nite! Congrats on the 7.5lber + good luck on the neath! Tightlines FF

Comment

Working...
          X