Wesh Game Fair; Gelli Aur 19+20th June

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wesh Game Fair; Gelli Aur 19+20th June

Always worth a walk around and a good place to catch-up.

http://www.welshgamefair.com/

Situated right on the banks of the Towy on the Golden-Grove waters.

TT.

Yes, worth a couple of hours & a social event too.
    Also get to see some of the top fly tiers at work - but TT wont show his "secret" flies, he ties some "dummies" up to put us on the wrong foot!!
    (joke Steff!)
    Born to fish........Forced to work!! :>

Comment

Originally posted by Leighton View Post
      Yes, worth a couple of hours & a social event too.
      Also get to see some of the top fly tiers at work - but TT wont show his "secret" flies, he ties some "dummies" up to put us on the wrong foot!!
      (joke Steff!)
      Not sure about the joke to be honest Leighton, can't show you everything mate!!! :>

Look forward to catching up.

Pob hwyl,

Steff.

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
        Not sure about the joke to be honest Leighton, can't show you everything mate!!! :>

Look forward to catching up.

Pob hwyl,

Steff.
        Cant blame you at all Steff!
        Catch up with you at Gelli Aur - hopefully with a few fish to report by then!

Hwyl,

Comment

Originally posted by Leighton View Post
          Cant blame you at all Steff!
          Catch up with you at Gelli Aur - hopefully with a few fish to report by then!

Hwyl,
          Indeed Leighton, here's hoping. Seems to have gone a bit quiet of late, but doubt that this cold snap is helping much.

Gelli Aur is always worth a look around, and a good fun day out if nothing else.

As for the flies Leighton; my boxes are open source, seriously. There's only one fly I won't/can't show as I promised one of the Towy greats that I wouldn't show it, and respected his wishes. Other than that, my tactics and flies are there to be shared. I want to see people enjoying their fishing and get stuck into a few fish, so if I can help with that process then all the better.

I'll happily photograph my boxes one day if that would help, picking out some of the main ones I use.

Steff.

Comment

Yes indeed it has been quiet of late and as you say, the weather has been cold too.
            Talking of weather - I hope it will be dry for the game fair weekend, but we need a flush out for the rivers rather soon!

I was only teasing about the flies mind Steff, but I respect your comments about sharing information, you are a Gent.
            I need to start tying my own flies - I had a little dabble with fly tying when I was a teenager and did not stick to it, but this winter I am going to get into it for sure - I will be after advice for that then!!!

Cofion,

Comment

Probably be there on the Sunday. Will be tying on the WSTAA stand, so please stop by, point and laugh!! :>

Would be good to see some of you there. Hope you can make it.

Steff.

Comment

Will def. be there Sunday
                Cap

Comment

I shall be there Sunday with the boy , Any body go today gents.

Comment

Nobody :> Good day there yesterday with the boy |\ A few pics below.

It was more guns than fishing but was glad he had a good day |\

Comment

Working...
                    X