More in size 14 and 16

2 New additions

Surface lures.

CHEERS
    JOHN

My Fishing show (Im on the camera)
    http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...t00769-1-1.jpg

All great flies.

But the last bit (the big fat fuzzy buggers) would be hell on wheels for late summer run Steelhead as a 'skater' pattern.

Interesting to see the ones done on a single hook, with the treble trailer. That's a new one to me.

Fred

Comment

nice mate i would make the flying trebles on the stingers a bit further away from the main fly [have you seen the mouth on a three pound seatrout ]lol very well tyed though i can see you have been busy

Comment

Cheers lads. Ive tied up some more wee doubles, and started on some skinny medicines and have some weapon mounts tied up awaiting some materials to arrive.
        CHEERS
        JOHN

My Fishing show (Im on the camera)
        http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...t00769-1-1.jpg

Comment

Very nice indeed , they will all catch no probs |\

Comment

Big Fat Fuzzy Buggers

Fred

If my eyesight is holding up ok,then the BFFBs in the last pic are Jambo flies without the point removed from the single hook. Take a look on the web for how to tie (definitley seen SBSs on fly tying/sea trout forums).
            And yes, that's exactly what they are - a skating pattern (or wake fly) - sea trout usually hit 'em like a ton of bricks! No doubt steelhead would be just as 'up for it'.

Comment

Someone's been busy!! |\

Great stuff, nice selection there XL50, certainly enough to tempt the silver beauties with.

As for the Surface Lures Fred/Cromarty, here you go:

http://www.sea-trout.co.uk/showthread.php?t=193

TT.

Comment

Thanks Mr. C.

Originally posted by Cromarty View Post
                Fred

If my eyesight is holding up ok,then the BFFBs in the last pic are Jambo flies without the point removed from the single hook. Take a look on the web for how to tie (definitely seen SBSs on fly tying/sea trout forums).
                And yes, that's exactly what they are - a skating pattern (or wake fly) - sea trout usually hit 'em like a ton of bricks! No doubt steelhead would be just as 'up for it'.
                Off to do a Google search but do need you to 'drop the initials' as they don't translate too well into 'Merikin.' Have a web link to easy my task?~:.

fae

Comment

Jambo

Hi Fred

TT put a link to a tying on his site in the post above yours(if that makes sense) - look in this thread and you'll see it.
                  Otherwise you could try this one (gives an indication how to spin the deer hair to make the body too).

http://www.salmonfishingforum.com/fo...ead.php?t=6821

best regards

Tim

Comment

Very Cool!

Thanks Tim, that's exactly what I wanted to see. Off to copy the link and post same over to a couple of 'Merikin' Boards.
                    :>

fae

Opps! Make that 'links.'

My Bad.
                    ::/
                    Last edited by fredaevans; 21-04-2010, 02:20.

Comment

bummer!

Several of the guys on one PNW based board 'came over' to take a peek at the flies but found that unless they registered, no such luck. Or did they 'miss the obvious?'

fae

Comment

Sadly not Fred. There's a couple of sections, including the fly-patterns section, that are for members eyes only.

Steff.

Comment

Working...
                        X