• Show
Clear All

• Angling research into the Social and Community Benefits of Angling,

Copy email. If you can help, please do

To: natalie@substance.coop
    Sent: 19/03/2010 16:22:42 GMT Standard Time
    Subj: Young People's Angling Survey

Hi all,

As part of Angling research into the Social and Community Benefits of Angling, we have just launched our Young people’s Angling Survey and need as much help as possible to get young people responding. It’s a short online survey for 18 yrs and under that can be found on our website. http://www.anglingresearch.org.uk/youngpeople

It looks into the health and wellbeing benefits of angling for young people and the things that prevent young people being able to take up fishing as much as they would like. It runs from 15th March – 1st Sept 2010.

I have attached some posters to help get the word out and would be grateful if you could forward this email on, or draw the attention of angling schemes/clubs/fisheries etc in your areas to the survey so they could encourage their young people to take part.

It’s important to hear young people’s own perspectives on their angling experience so for this to work we need as many young people as we can find.

We also have another survey (Angling Projects Survey) targeting youth organisations, intervention projects, angling clubs, schools, and any organisations using angling as part of their delivery to young people- This survey is likewise available on our website at the above link and generates live stats as it is completed. There is also a space for organisations to be listed as contributors.

Any assistance with getting the word out on this will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks for your support,

Natalie

Good idea.

Wonder if anything like this is being done on 'my side of the Pond?'

fae

Comment

Don't know about over with you, but the youngsters i saw fishing on Teifi always seemed to be well behaved and a pleasure to be around. I personally think there is a lot be said about the positive impact fishing can have on youngsters.
      Tight Lines
      Aled
      Last edited by Aled; 23-03-2010, 10:02.

Comment

Totally agree Aled, totally agree. If a kids hands are full of fishing equipment ... tough to get into some other 'kind of trouble.'

fae

Comment

Working...
        X