Airflo HLS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airflo HLS

Anyone know where I can pick one of these up? Fishtec seem to have run out...

If it's the 10ft for a #7/8 T7 then I think you'll be lucky to find one, with ebay being the best chance for a secondhand one. I had mine snapped in a car door last year and have been trying to get one since, without much luck, sadly. Great rod.

Hope you're well.

Steff.

Comment

Thanks for the info Steff. Do Airflo have any plans to re-make it or are they pushing the Airlite now?

I'm well thanks - just returned from a fishless weekend on the Dwyfor. It's pretty sad to see how their run of sewin has declined in the 8 years or so that I've fished it...

Comment

Originally posted by T7 View Post
        Thanks for the info Steff. Do Airflo have any plans to re-make it or are they pushing the Airlite now?

I'm well thanks - just returned from a fishless weekend on the Dwyfor. It's pretty sad to see how their run of sewin has declined in the 8 years or so that I've fished it...
        I doubt it, unfortunately T7. The airlite would be the rod filling this price gap within their range, and it would be highly unlikely that they return to the HLS.

These rods are certainly worth a look though; it's the Enigma TCI. Opt for the 10ft #7/8 rather than the 10.6ft, as the 10ft'er is a much nicer rod. Trust me for £80 this is one hell of a rod; beautiful finish and supplied with a superb rod tube. Top notch. Picked up a couple for the Trout and Salmon weekend a couple of months back, and was seriously amazed what they were selling off within that price bracket. It's slightly faster than the HLS.

http://www.fishtec.co.uk/ProductDeta...pListRec=46635

http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk/cgi-...%23a3568#a3568

They're currently down from £140.

Sorry to hear about the Dwyfor, not good reading. Many rivers seem to be suffering the same fate this season...

Steff.

Comment

Hi Steff, I was looking at Airflo rods as I broke my TecPS rod last week on the Dwyfor. I sent the section back to Airflo and they swapped it for a MTec S3 (no PS rods left). Have you ever used an MTec?

I really liked the PS - nice blank although the finish wasn't amazing. If I don't get on with the Mtec might look at an Enigma - I've seen the Matrix cheap as well, any info on them?

Excellent customer service by the way from Airflo/Fishtec - £25 to replace the rod no questions asked.

Comment

Well I tried the Mtec today and it's a nice rod! Possibly a bit softer than the PS and perhaps a bit too soft for me but it put out a nice line.

My review may not be accurate as I had been casting my 15 foot Bloke rod all morning then tried the Airflo. Most things would seem soft compared with that!!

Comment

Update: Flogged the Mtec on ebay and bought an Enigma. Well chuffed...
              Last edited by T7; 21-09-2009, 19:38. Reason: typo

Comment

Just in case you're in the market for one, this 13ft HLS is fantastic, and if you can get it for £70 you'll have a bargain!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...E:B:SS:GB:1123

TT.

Comment

Funnily enough I do have my eye on a 12 or 13 foot double hander. I was looking for a #8 or maybe a #7/8 for summer grilse etc. Any idea if the HLS is more of a #8 or #9?

Comment

Sorry for the delay T7. I have been using #8/9 lines through it. However, if it was one specific line rating I would always head for the heavier i.e. the #9.

TT.

Comment

Hmmm may be a bit heavy for what I want. I see they have a few single handers on there as well...|\

Comment

Working...
                      X