Pet Fishing!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Fishing!

After many years of being in the 'coarse is pants' fraternity, I can only put the following down to the rubbish weather recently affecting me {; !!! A couple of weeks ago, I found myself at the side of a pond, armed with a fly rod, barbless hooks and the dogs dinner as bait (nah - he wasn't best pleased to go hungry!)!!! ::/

Anyhow - a couple of hours later (after a steep learning curve!!) - I'd managed to hook and land 15 of the owners pets |\

Ugly old things aren't they........

Biggest went 8lb 8oz, and I'd say they averaged over 5lb, fair do's they pull a bit too! Got emptied by the biggest fish, and another 2 that didn't make the net

Have to say that it was a lot better than I had imagined, but then I was using the fly rod targetting big (ish) fish, and not sat under a brolly, catching 3 inch roach on size 20 hooks. Did manage a few roach, rudd, bream, and chub on the fly too though!

For £7 day ticket - I will seriously consider stretching my line at one of these ponds in the future rather than one of the trout fisheries! Granted it's not as challenging, but it's a lot cheaper and as it's obviously catch 'n release, there's no danger of bagging up in 30 mins!!!

Cheers

Chuck
    Dal y slac yn dyn!
Working...
X