Airflo Rods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airflo Rods

Just thought I'd post regarding the Airflo PS (presentation series) rod that I bought last season. I used it last night for the first time in a while and I realised what a great rod it is.

It has a slow action, which I don't mind at night and performed really well. Although not a distance rod I found it could cast 25-30 yards with no false casting with no problem. On my river that's all the distance you need. The extra advantage is the fantastic turnover you get using it, meaning the flies are fishing straight away.

The best bit is the price - £40 at the moment! :} A real bargain. And for those who like a faster action, I've heard good things about the middle to tip rod in the same range (also £40).

The only drawback being the rings aren't the best quality. Although mine have been fine Silver Invicta had a problem with his and it's worth considering.

I have no affiliation with Airflo, although if they want to send me some free tackle I wouldn't complain :>

Hey T7,

never tried that rod, but seems excellent value for £40, thanks for the report.

My first choice rod for sea-trout nowadays is the airflo HLS 10ft #7/8, great rod, but a bit pricier.

In addition, just had an offer through the post the other day where if you spent over £60 at fishtec, they would send you a £84.99 airflo MT 10ft #7/8 free of charge! {; seems like a fantastic offer. The offer code, should anyone want to try it, is: F-AMT10078-3

TT.

Comment

I use an Airflo Delta Classic, 9ft 5/6 wt, for brown trout and I love it. I think Airflo are a very under rated manufacturer and their prices are virtually unbeatable. (Delta Classic came close to the top of the list of 9 ft 5/6 wt rods tested by Trout and Salmon the other month against competition up to 10 times the price !!! It was £59.....).
      Again, no connection with Airflo in a business way, just very pleasantly surprised.

Comment

I had one of Airflos first rods which was a nice rod but had one major problem.
        It kept wanting to be in more pieces than it started out as. This was most anoying at the time and makes it difficult to consider buying another rod from them no matter how good they may be now. .:/

Comment

Funnily enough Buzzer I know exactly what rod you are talking about, and I had exactly the same thing happen to mine - as did the majority of people I suspect, unfortunately. I asked one of the guys at airflo about the rod earlier this year, to see what the score was. Supposedly the first batch of rods they got through were first class, and if you were lucky enough to have had one of these then it would have lasted. However, because demand was so high for the rod (it was an offer on stillwater trout magazine, if I recall correctly?) the factory that produced the rod rushed the drying process, which produced a brittle blank, or something like that - sorry, don't really know the science behind it all. This lead to mass breakages, of which was a cracking rod, sadly.

Nowadays many blanks come out of the same factories, as do reels and lines. For example, the new airlite rods, which are on the same blank as a rod that costs around another £100 more if purchsed under a different name. Daz and I have just been having a play with 10ft #7/8 and must say that it's a lovely all-round rod, but that's just our taste.

TT.

Comment

Airflo Delta Classic

Yes, I remember the review of the Airflo Delta Classic in last years T&S - I think it was for a 9' rod ?

Anyway does anybody use a 10' 7/8" - is it any good?

I cant see the Airflo HLS (which Teifi - Terrorist mentions) on the Fishtec website. Has this model been replaced - what with?

With the credit crunch Airflo rods are looking the way to go!

Thanks in advance.

Offshore

Comment

Unfortunately the HLS is no longer made - probably my favourite sea-trout rod to date, and mine got snapped in a car door last season!! ::/ not good news. They sometimes appear on ebay, but not that frequently, unfortunately.

The Airlite is a lovely rod, but slightly tippier/faster.

TT.

p.s. good to have you onboard offshore, thanks for joining.

Comment

Working...
              X