2009 Sea-trout & River shots.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Sea-trout & River shots.

Just thought I'd start this as a quick thread to post some pics of your 2009 catches, along with some pics of where they were caught, what they were caught on etc.

To get the ball rolling, here's a tiddler I had Friday night from the Towy.

TT.

Well now you are just showing off Steff, :>

Starting a thread, just to rub it in to the rest of us. ::/

I'll have to acompany you on one of your forays as I've a few miles on the Towy available this year which I've yet to fish.

Bill
    Last edited by springwell; 16-05-2009, 11:32.

Comment

clonker !!!!:>:>

Comment

Another schoolie Steff when are you going to start fishing for the adult fish??
        No only kidding (or is it envy) Steff what a fantastic fish well done yet again-ian

Comment

Cheers guys, much appreciated.

Bill; what water have you joined?? Nice to have the option of both, especially where you're based. Some nice trout knocking about too.

Goldhead; thanks! :> good to hear from you mate, hope you're keeping well. Anything showing in the Ogmore yet?

Steff.

Comment

May Duck Breaker - Ogmore

Hi,

I managed a fish last Saturday - a whole month earlier than last year - they're few and far between but roll on for a potentially great season!

4lb 9oz of Og silver:

Caught on a size 4 single "Dark Executioner":

Tightlines to those chasing silver this week!

Jon

Comment

Cracking fish, nice one JT |\ superb start to the season. Lovely looking fly too, is that one of your own?

TT.

Comment

Cheers TT.

It's been a couple of weeks since I was last out and had her - hoping for some sport this weekend.

That fly was one I devised after pourchasing some bizarre peacock-esque cord material made by Turralls in a bargain box for 50p...

It's based, unsurprisingly, on the Executioner and, as with so many patterns nowadays, pc swords just felt right over the wing.

It doesn't carry enough red for you welsh boys according to some feedback I've had but I'm pleased that it has now attained the quarry's approval.

J

Comment

I think it looks spot on JT, and doesn't need the red - othwerwise it would be too much like an alexandra. Really like the dressing and the style, top notch. Would make a great late season pattern I would have thought. I would, however, be tempted to swap the body around i.e. the peacock thread in the thorax.

Good work JT. |\

TT.

Comment

I'll tie one up TT...

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                      I'll tie one up TT...

Would that be on those new hooks Santa sent you?? :>

TT.

Comment

Working...
                      X